Computer Specialist II (Closed)
Computer Specialist II
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), Program Management Office (PMO)
Salary Range: $80.4K to $94.6K annual base salary, depending upon experience
Under the general supervision of the LACCD PMO IT Director, the Computer Specialist II is responsible for supporting of the BuildLACCD computer operations activities at the Program Management Office (PMO) as well as the 9 Campus Project Sites. Performs a variety of complex professional and technical duties related to the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software applications including application servers in addition to PC workstations. Accountable for the effective operation of IT disaster recovery systems at the College sites. Provide general guidance to the outsourced IT Consultant. The position is also responsible for providing support for Level 2 & 3 tier helpdesk tickets.
- The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.
- Support end users with the use of LACCD custom developed applications such as Uii, Widget and DocView.
- Provides technical support for the physical and virtual environments, including hosts, operating systems and storage.
- Testing, installation, configuration and maintenance of operating systems, application software.
- Ensure system up time and communicate effectively with other members of the corporate team.
- Administration of systems and servers related to ensure availability of services to BuildLACCD user community.
- Installs and configures client workstations and performs software upgrades as needed.
- Proactively monitors and identifies system issues and takes corrective action to ensure efficient computing operation.
- Manages assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and provides technical assistance and support in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify, investigate, and propose resolutions to issues that could impact the IT infrastructure.
- This role contributes to the team to share knowledge, document procedures and SOPs and provide training where required.
- Position provides as needed after-hours and weekend support.
- This role supports the helpdesk function along with the web services support function.
This position does not include the direct supervision or management of any specific staff members.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and listen. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Employee must be able to use a computer keyboard, mouse and calculator. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college with a degree in computer science or related field. An equivalent combination of education, work experience or relevant industry certification may be substituted
- A minimum of five years of applicable systems experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2003 – 2012
- Experience with Office 365
- Familiarity with document SharePoint management system
- Working knowledge of Symantec Enterprise Antivirus, Trend Micro OfficeScan.
- Experience with Web site, intranet, and SharePoint support, IIS and Apache.
- Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Positive attitude and keen attention to detail
- Excellent collaborative and team skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience with Proliance
- Industry certifications are a preferred (A+, Network+)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly and non-technical language.
- Ability to support LACCD custom developed applications such as Uii, Widget and DocView
- Previous experience providing IT related support for a large construction bond program
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V hypervisors, & cloud architecture
- Experience supporting end users with SharePoint document management
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday August 22, 2018 @ 12:00 pm (no late submissions can be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Computer Specialist II
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of August 27, 2018
Interviews: Week of September 3, 2018
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: September 2018
Recruitment No.: SAC-191
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “APPLY FOR JOB” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org