Project Engineer III / HPTA (Closed)
Project Engineer III (HPTA)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $106.9K annual depending on experience.
The Project Engineer III position will support the Project Manager with pre-construction activities associated with Harbor Teacher Preparatory Academy (HTPA) at Harbor Community College. In addition, responsibilities will include assisting Regional Program Liaisons (RPLs) with design, construction, and close-out activities District-wide. Work locations will vary between the PMO Headquarters and at the College Project Team (CPT) offices based on the need.
- Provides technical and engineering support to Project Managers and Construction Managers.
- Manages Architect for timely and accurate responses to requests for information
- Oversees staff in the maintenance and distribution of current contract plans and specifications
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor
- Coordinates with surveying, testing and inspection staff
- Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and federal policies on layout and installation requirements
- Prepares written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines related to project file maintenance and document control
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
- Assists in coordinating meetings between site administrators, school personnel, parents, and community representatives to organize construction plans from pre-construction to post-construction and close out
- Approves and processes requisitions related to equipment
- Assists in review of submittal procedures, RFI’s and monthly invoices
- Performs other duties as directed by Senior Managers
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction management of commercial and/or public or educational facility construction projects with values in excess of $15M
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business, Construction Management or related field required. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to travel to college sites with own transportation and has flexibility in schedule.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and presentations skills a must.
- Costpoint, Quickbooks, Excel, MS Word, Access, Project Management software.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design process.
- Experience in developing RFQ/RFP packages.
- Experience in Design-Build projects.
- Experience in K-12 Educational Facilities.
- Experience in Community College Facilities.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Friday August 29, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume (up to 3 pages length), and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Project Engineer III (HPTA)