Project Engineer II (Closed)
Project Engineer II (Small Business Outreach Coordinator)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) – Program Management Office
Number of positions: 1
Salary Range: $83.1K to $97.7K annual, depending upon experience
The Small Business Outreach Coordinator implements, coordinates, and markets the LACCD LSEDV program to attract qualified, competitive contractors, A/E, and professional services firms to compete for Build Program projects and contracts. Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of the public contracting process with proven capabilities to provide contractors and other small businesses with the tools and information necessary to navigate the public contracting process and eliminate barriers to open competition, and perform LSEDV contract compliance procedures to monitor utilization using the web-based B2GNow contract compliance system.
• Attend and provide information to LSEDV businesses, community groups, business and trade organizations, Unions, education agencies, and the public concerning the procurement policies and procedures applicable to the Build Program.
• Helps coordinate programs such as a Small Contractor Boot Camp to improve the competitive capacity of small contractors through a multi-week, comprehensive, hands-on curriculum to compete for Build Program contracts.
• Coordinates and/or manages seminars of up to 100 attendees at regional locations to provide contractor assistance in bonding and certification, how to bid on contracts, estimating and scheduling, access to capital, information about labor compliance and the Project Labor Agreement.
• Provides training to all firms performing work on Build Program on how to use the B2GNow contract compliance system.
• Develops and cultivates relationships with businesses, and PMO personnel to coordinate and leverage resources in support of LSEDV businesses.
• Assist LSEDV contractors on how to understand and secure surety bonding in order to bid on Build Program projects.
• Performs detailed contract compliance procedures using the B2GNow system to monitor prompt payment and the utilization of LSEDV firms in all construction, design, construction management, and professional services contracts.
• Conducts LSEDV performance analysis and creates utilization reports for the Board of Trustees, LACCD executive staff, and for public distribution.
• Coordinates with Contracts Department and Finance Department to ensure proper implementation of the LSEDV Program.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Must possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience creating and/or implementing programs to support the participation and building the capacity of diverse local, small, and/or disabled veteran business enterprises to succeed on major public works programs, including significant knowledge and experience in the following:
• Public contracting processes, e.g., Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, and low- bid/design-build/lease-lease back public works construction contracts.
• Effective use of business principles and strategies in construction and professional services contracting and procurement.
• The ethnic, cultural and geographic diversity of communities throughout the LACCD service area.
• Barriers confronting LSEDV firms in construction, architecture/engineering, and related professional services, including bonding, access to capital, and professional insurance.
• Available technical assistance resources for LSEDV firms.
• Activities, policies, organization and protocols required of public entities and officials.
• Communicate effectively in a professional and sensitive manner to the issues confronting LSEDV businesses.
• Write concisely and effectively to build awareness of the Build Program’s LSEDV Program.
• Anticipate emerging challenges to maximize business community participation and satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the leadership of the LSEDV business community, local stakeholders, business technical assistance support organizations, unions and other public agencies.
• Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to District protocols at all times.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Develop and execute strategies that will increase access and the competitive capacity of LSEDV firms in the Build Program.
• Documented experience using the B2GNow contract compliance online software application enabling the PMO to monitor prompt payment at all subcontractor tiers and the utilization of LSEDV-owned businesses.
• Must possess a Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree or related degree from a recognized college or university
• Preferred coursework emphasis in business, communications, public administration, construction management, engineering, or other coursework supplemented by direct, documented experience in this field.
• California Property and Casualty Brokers License to help LSEDV firms address barriers to bonding and insurance.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Tuesday September 5, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m. (late submissions not accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Engineer II
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: September 8, 2017
Interviews: Week of September 11, 2017
Anticipated Start: September 2017
Recruitment No.: SAC-143
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com