Architect II / ADA (Closed)
Architect II / ADA Access Analyst
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $104.1K annual depending on experience.
The Architect/ADA access analyst, as an advisor provides and tracks resolution of technical comments regarding access compliance to the district and all campuses and buildings for all ADA path-of-travel issues, both exterior and interior.
• Update college Transition Plans and track status
• Train teams working on LACCD projects on ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance
• Coordinate ADA issues with college managers and campus DSPS coordinator
• Confer with District ADA coordinator
• Track ADA compliance during construction and report deviations to college manager team, project inspector, PMO and District.
• Confer with design team for design interpretation in regard to ADA compliance
• Coordinate work with other disciplines
• Provide technical guidance to assigned team in the interpretation of design criteria in regard to ADA compliance
• Provide coordination of all trades related to building design, monitor working drawings, and presentation and coordination with agencies affecting the design
• Review specifications for accuracy and compliance with criteria and standards
• Review and check designs for technical accuracy, compliance with criteria, and standards in regard to ADA compliance
• Report all issues and status to Program Management Office
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related discipline
• Minimum of 8 years working in the design and construction field
• Minimum 4 yr. experience in educational facility design and construction.
• Minimum 4 yr. experience with DSA
• CASp certified
• CADD experience required
• Knowledge of all state and federal access codes and laws
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Architect II (ADA Access Analyst)