Asbestos Abatement Coordinator (Closed)
ASBESTOS ABATEMENT COORDINATOR
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Maintenance & Operations / Facilities Environmental Technical Unit (FETU)
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary Range: $75.1K to $88.4K annual base salary plus benefits
- Maintains open communication with central and regional existing departments in Facilities (Maintenance & Operations, Project Execution, and Central Design Management Group) to provide technical support related to asbestos and lead issues.
- Prepares site assessment (Phase 1), abatement design (Phase 2) to address the impact of asbestos and lead-containing materials on construction projects.
- Reviews environmental consultant’s Phase 1, 2, and 3 (project monitoring) reports for accuracy
- Surveys sites to recommend the best method to mitigate the abatement of asbestos and lead-containing building materials.
- Prepares job estimates for project assessment, design and monitoring.
- Prepares reports describing inspection findings or results and impact to projects determined by review of construction drawings.
- Plans the repair, removal, disposal or encapsulation of asbestos-containing building materials, and abatement or in-place management of lead-based paint on structures and mechanical systems.
- Conducts environmental project monitoring during construction to ensure compliance with applicable laws, project specifications, safety regulations and established work practices.
- Investigates accidents or incidents that occur on or near the school grounds during the asbestos/lead related projects.
- Performs asbestos bulk sampling and lead wipe or paint chip sampling to investigate asbestos release or elevated lead exposure to children.
- Reviews condition assessment reports of asbestos-containing building materials (ACBM), address damaged/friable ACBM and manage the processing of asbestos bulk sampling data and abatement records.
- Update projects’ tracking sheets for progress status.
- Use Maximo to plan and track job progress and report actual labor charges.
Five (5) years full time paid professional construction experience on projects involving environmental (asbestos/lead) assessment, sampling, design, monitoring and abatement.
2 years full time paid professional construction experience on projects involving environmental (asbestos/lead) assessment, sampling, design, monitoring and abatement PLUS a Certification from the State of CA as Certified Site Surveillance Technician (CSST).
Certification from the State of CA as Certified Asbestos Consultant.
- Possession of Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), asbestos course certificates (Building Inspector, Management Planner, Contractor/Supervisor and Project Designer).
- Possession of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Certification.
- Possession of CA Department of Health (CDPH) Lead certification (Inspector/Assessor/Project Monitor).
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any related field
Candidates without a degree must have additional years of experience to compensate for education on a year for year basis.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday April 12, 2021 @ 9:00am (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD Asbestos Abatement Coordinator
Resumes submitted under the following previous calls for the same classification will not be accepted. These resumes have been reviewed and deemed as not qualified:
o AAC-0719-16 o AAC-0719-16- Extension o AAC-0120-01
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com