Asset / Move Coordinator I (Closed)
Asset / Move Coordinator I
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $91.5K annual depending on experience.
Provide support as needed to the Asset Manager necessary to complete asset management functions such as new asset tagging and asset surplus disposal. Responsibilities include daily administrative duties, scheduling and project oversight assistance, project team communication and coordination, database updates and general project support.
• Asset Management Coordination services as necessary to assist the Asset Management department with all asset related activities. Responsibilities include scheduling of crews and providing oversight during new asset tagging activities and asset surplus activities in all District locations. Services shall be provided at the direction of the Asset Manager (AM) and the Manager of the Relocation Project Management team in conjunction with the Relocation Project Managers (RPMs).
• Assist with the development of project schedules related to surplus preparation, surplus relocation, new asset tagging and monitor progress with crews to ensure projects are completed within schedules provided by the RPMs and College Project Teams (CPT). Assist with coordination and scheduling of asset crews as necessary to complete the work.
• Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or timelines; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; provide corrective supervision as necessary.
• Provide assistance as necessary during the RFID asset tagging process including crew oversight in the field for all new product received at all District locations, tagging report preparation, and subsequent data input into SAP for all asset record updates.
• Manage asset surplus process for all projects on a District-wide basis to ensure assets no longer being used are removed in accordance with District policies and procedures from sale to donation to deconstruction services. Process includes crew oversight during relocations, preparation and posting of assets in District’s authorized system and recording the final disposition status of all assets for asset record retirement including updating data in SAP.
• Coordinate asset pick up for all sold asset auctions at all District locations and provide oversight during the process as necessary. In the event of unsold auctions, coordinate assets for donation or deconstruction as necessary. Prepare all paperwork as necessary to comply with District policy and procedure.
• Process goods receipts in SAP for assets received at all Campus locations.
• Update asset records in SAP as necessary to accommodate asset relocations, record updates, and new asset information as a result of Bond related moves.
• Assist with training end users for system enhancement and policy changes.
• Handle all administrative asset management tasks including but not limited to: document scanning, filing, data entry and meeting minutes recording.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 3 years of related experience in construction related projects including furniture, fixture and equipment placement and/or asset management.
• Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong administrative and analytical skills. Attention to detail.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and related spreadsheet, and database software.
• Flexibility in schedule and transportation to work at multiple locations based on assigned schedule.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in design, construction, or related field.
• Three years experience working with SAP in the Financial (FI) module.
• Understanding of RFID technologies and their use in the asset management industry.
• Public Works experience.
• Accounting experience.
• Bilingual in Spanish.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Asset / Move Coordinator I