Asset/Move Coordinator III (Closed)
Asset/Move Coordinator III (Relocation Project Manager I)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), PMO / Regional
Salary Range: $107.8K to $126.8K annual base salary, depending upon experience
Management of required Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) for all new, renovated and swing space projects which includes programming, specification, budget tracking, procurement coordination, scheduling with the construction team, installation, and punch list activities. It also involves move management for all projects including move scope creation, bidding, analysis of bids, budget tracking, move coordination and scheduling, onsite move oversight and punch list activities to ensure complete functional occupancy of new and renovated buildings.
- Furniture/Equipment/Relocation Project Management Services with emphasis in FF&E selection, procurement coordination and purchasing for all areas as identified to provide college the FF&E and move-in/relocations management services. Responsibilities include strategic oversight of all FF&E procurement, FF&E Installation, Pre-move, Move, and Post move/Close-out phase activities for specified
- assigned projects. Services shall be provided at the direction of the College Project Director (CPD) and the Manager of Relocation Project Management team.
- Coordinate with Procurement to manage the purchasing of all FF&E using best-value and/or low bid public contracting.
- Work with the CPD, Project Architects (A/E) team, Manager of Relocation Project Management team, and Building User Groups (BUG) to identify project scope, budget, schedule, and FF&E requirements. Tour college to gain detailed knowledge about the Master Plan of all new and renovated buildings and the sequencing of projects.
- Identify potential swing space needed and coordinate with college to secure space and remove space from college availability per project schedule. Work with CPD to develop scope of work for any construction or FF&E required for swing space.
- Coordinate with A/E team and/or college personnel to assess and identify whether existing furniture and equipment will be relocated and reused.
- Attend weekly project meetings to work with project team including Project Architects (A/E), Project Managers, contractors, and BUGs, to ensure the preparation of accurate FF&E specification, furniture layouts and FF&E lists of both new and reuse of existing furniture.
- Review all programming, design and construction documents and work with the A/E to ensure electrical/data/infrastructure/utility requirements are coordinated between the various FF&E vendors to assure proper functionality. Work with the BUG to plan relocation of existing furniture and equipment to the new location.
- Work closely with the CPD and project team to ensure project FF&E and Move budget and schedule are met. Provide value engineering efforts as needed to stay within allotted budget.
- Ensure timely and successful FF&E delivery, installation and punch-list sign-off and transition during swing space, relocation and/or move-in projects.
- Coordinate and procurement of specialty contractors or movers for delivery, installations, and/or connections not covered by the FF&E vendors.
- Coordinate all FF&E deliveries, path of travel and parking with PMs, CPDs, contractors, Facility Directors, Sheriff, and BUGs if applicable. Work closely with Asset Management Team to coordinate all asset tagging of new FF&E and disposition of surplus FF&E prior to demolition/renovation of existing buildings.
- Arrange for the unlocking and re-securing of all areas requiring access by furniture installers and movers during the Pre-Move, Move, Installation and Post Move/Close-Out Phases.
- Coordinate the transfer of FF&E Keys and keying plans to campus facilities upon occupancy.
- Maintain all FF&E, move management, moving and storage related documents, including proposals, purchase orders, packing slips, time cards, shipping documents, freight bills, and invoices and submit to the CPD in written form.
- Coordinate the project close out efforts for the FF&E and Move services portion of the project.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 years of project management and coordination experience in fields related to Move/Relocation Management, Project Management, Interior Design, Facilities Management, or Coordination/Procurement of Furniture, Fixture and Equipment.
- Ability to read architectural and furniture drawings
- Knowledge of furniture and equipment specifications and procurement
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- High School Diploma
- Public Works experience.
- 4 year Degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Construction/Project Management, Facilities Management or related area required.
- 5-15 years of project management experience in fields related to Move/Relocation Management, Project Management, Interior Design, Facilities Management, or Coordination/Procurement of FF&E.
- Procurement, sourcing or asset management experience.
- Knowledge/proficiency in AutoCAD software.
- Certification/Membership with CID, IIDA, AIA, IFMA, LEED.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday April 30, 2019 @ 3:00 pm (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Asset Move Coordinator III
APPROXIMATE PROCESSING TIME:
Short list post: Week of May 6, 2019
Interviews: Week of May 6, 2019
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: May 2019
Recruitment No.: SAC-226
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org