Associate Electrical Engineer (Closed)
ASSOCIATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Maintenance & Operations- A/E
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary Range: $88.4K to $104.0K annual base salary plus benefits
- Provide electrical design work, coordinating with in-house staff as well as task order engineers.
- Review construction drawings for compliance with District standards and mandated electrical codes.
- Provide construction administration support for ongoing in-house projects.
- Prepare electrical estimates for project budgets.
- Prepare reports and Project Requirement Documents to help obtain funding for projects.
- Assist Design Managers in defining electrical scope.
- Assist in virtual DSA backcheck appointments.
- Visit school sites to determine as-built conditions when as-built drawings are not available incorrect.
- Assist and resolve electrical issues during construction when a subject expert is requested by Project Execution, to provide direction due to code compliance issues.
- Coordinate with task order engineers and electrical service providers when project sites require power upgrade; provide guidance and approval of the design.
- Assist Asset Management staff in clarifying and approving electrical scope for modernization projects.
- Coordinate new code requirements with the Inspection Department and consult mandated standards to update District design guides; involve conducting research on code changes and identifying the manner in which the District will implement these changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of Electrical Engineering design and construction administration experience in K-12 school construction, preferably with LAUSD. Preferred candidate shall have experience performing work as lead electrical designer on school projects with minimal oversight
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience reviewing electrical drawings and specifications with regards to conformance with electrical codes and standards.
- Experience in construction document approval from the Division of the State Architect (DSA) or Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (LADBS).
- Preference for candidates with an Electrical Professional License
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Applicant must have access to a vehicle to perform site visits.
- Applicant to have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in AutoCad and one (1) year experience in Bluebeam.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday March 15, 2021 @ 12 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAUSD Associate Electrical Engineer
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
Recruitment# CM-AEE-1220-19- Ext
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org