Business Analyst I (Closed)
BUSINESS ANALYST I (ACCOUNTING/PROGRAM CONTROLS LIAISON)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary $72.0K to $82.2K annual, depending upon experience
• This position acts as a Liaison between the Accounting Department and Program Controls and between the Program Management Office (PMO) and in some cases the Campus Project Teams (CPT’s)
• This individual needs to be adept in all facets of Accounting and Invoice Review/Processing and possess some knowledge of Project Budget and Cost Management
• Analyze monthly project budgets and accounting reports in order to maintain expenditure controls
• Provide advice and technical assistance with cost and invoice commitments and expenditure analysis
• Work effectively with other department personnel in order to resolve any invoice payment issues and obtain signatures of authorization on invoice matters
• Examine past budgets and expenditure trends
• Evaluate and ensure bond compliance in regards to payment requests
• Assist when and if necessary the nine campus teams with invoice processing issues and concerns
• Assist Accounting Supervisor with analyses of ongoing financial activity for the Bond Program
• Conduct regular review and analysis of detailed transactions residing in the Bond program Accounting software (Deltek)
• Review Bond Program invoices and process approved payables per accounting procedures.
• Enter invoice payment requests into program accounting software
• Communicate with applicable program construction and professional services vendors as needed
• Identify discrepancies or inconsistencies and resolve expeditiously
• Assistance to Financial Analyst in reconciling drawdown requests
• Assist in processing of general contractor’s payment analysis.
• Encumber contracts, task orders, and purchase orders into accounting system if needed
• Perform other duties as assigned (i.e.: Journal entries, bank deposits, accruals, etc.)
This position requires expertise in Accounting along with prior Cost Control experience in order to act as a liaison between the Accounting Department and Program Controls, and between the Program Management Office (PMO) and the Campus Project Teams (CPT’s). Although this individual will be assigned to the Program Management Office, they will also be required when and if necessary to travel to all nine colleges in an effort to assess and assist with their Accounting and Project Budget Control needs.
This role will also include training of staff when necessary and assure that current program processes and procedures as well as any changes are communicated and adhered to throughout the nine college teams (CPT’s). Identify and troubleshoot any and all process discrepancies as they arise and work directly with all appropriate parties toward resolution.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5 years’ experience in construction project accounting, accounting, Finance, or related fields payables, general accounting, or related business experience
• Recent professional experience in project controls on a construction program.
• Experience in working with Project Management software and other business enterprise or accounting systems
• Ability to perform historical trends and analyze results
• Experience creating monthly financial reports and analyzing results
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good communication and presentations skills a must
• High School Diploma
• Proficiency in Costpoint, Quickbooks, Excel, MS Word, Access, Project Management software.
• BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Construction Management, Business or related degree.
• Experience utilizing Widget Cost Control, DELTEK, Proliance, Data-Warehouse and other systems used by the LACCD Program Management Office or similar programs.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday June 3, 2015 @ 3:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LACCD Business Analyst I