Business Analyst II (Closed)
Business Analyst II
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Program Management Office (Downtown Los Angeles)
Salary Range: $95.2K to $119.6K annual base salary, depending upon experience
• Assist Accounting Manager with analyses of ongoing financial activity for the Bond Program.
• Prepare and/or review vendor files or other supporting documentation for vendor payments.
• Conduct regular review and analysis of detailed transactions residing in the Bond program Accounting software (Deltek Costpoint).
• Assist Accounting Manager in identifying errors and develop innovative approaches to minimize risk of repeat discrepancies.
• Develop new reports to help provide transparency into Bond Program expenditures.
• Review Bond Program invoices and process approved payables per accounting procedures.
• Enter invoice payment requests into program accounting software.
• Communicate with applicable construction and professional services vendors as needed.
• Identify discrepancies or inconsistencies and resolve expeditiously.
• Reconcile financial accounts.
• Assist in processing of general contractor’s payment analysis.
• Analyze monthly accounting reports in order to maintain expenditure controls.
• Work directly with outside team members on cost and invoice commitments and expenditure matters.
• Prepare and process journal entries.
• Work effectively with other department personnel in order to resolve any invoice payment issues and obtain signatures of authorization on invoice matters.
• Evaluate and ensure bond compliance in regards to payment requests.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 5-10 years experience in accounting, finance, or related fields.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree.
• Experience in working with business enterprise or accounting systems.
• Ability to perform historical trends and analyze results.
• Experience creating monthly financial reports and analyzing results.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good communication and presentations skills a must.
• Proficiency in Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to lead projects to successful conclusion.
• Current CPA license preferred
• Costpoint and/or Proliance experience
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday February 12, 2018 @ 9:00am (no late submissions will be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Business Analyst II
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of February 19, 2018
Interviews: Week of February 26, 2018
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: March 2018
Recruitment No.: SAC-166
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com