Business Analyst III (Closed)
Business Analyst III
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: LACCD District Wide
Salary Range: $112.3K to $140.4K annual, depending upon experience
Five Year Construction Plan (5YCP), Responsibilities:
• Meet with each College (Chief Facilities Executive, College Project Director, and Vice President Admin. Service) regarding their 5YCP from the previous year and review changes to each capital improvement project (regardless of funding source).
• Advise each College regarding future projects that might be feasible for receiving future State funding and high-quality candidates for Initial Project Proposals (IPP’s) or Final Project Proposals (FPP’s).
• Work with the BuildLACCD program management team to ensure accurate data regarding each project’s intent and scope.
• Utilize Full Time Equivalent Faculty (FTEF) data from the District Institutional Research office to prepare FTEF projections for the 5YCP update.
• Provide the State Chancellor’s Office District-wide Long Range WSCH Projections to the District Institutional Research office and work with them to prepare a final breakdown of State WSCH projections by each College.
• Update Campus Statement documents and obtain the most current Facilities Master Plan campus map for each College.
• Prepare a draft copy of the 5YCP and prepare a memorandum for the District Chancellor’s review, approval, and signature.
• Prepare and deliver three (3) hard copies the final 5YCP to the State Chancellor’s Office. Prepare electronic copies of the final 5YCP for distribution to the District and College’s.
The following information will be updated for each project within the 5YCP:
• Scope description;
• Space array (JCAF 31) including primary project space affects and any applicable secondary affect due to facility demolition or inactivation;
• Cost estimate (JCAF 32) for each phase of the project (preliminary plans, working drawings, construction, and equipment);
• Funding years for completion of each phase of the project (preliminary plans, working drawings, construction, and equipment) as well as occupancy date; and
• Funding source(s) such as State, local bond, combination of both State and local funds, and/or other sources (i.e. federal funds).
Space Inventory, Responsibilities:
• Meet with each College (Chief Facilities Executive, College Project Director, and Vice President Admin. Service) regarding their Space Inventory from the previous year and review changes from the current calendar year. Changes may include newly occupied facilities, newly renovated facilities, demolished or inactivate facilities, and room use changes dues to occupant/institutional program moves.
• Coordinate the process for receiving pertinent Space Inventory update data from each College and complete on-site space evaluations as necessary.
• Use knowledge of the State Space Inventory reporting requirements, including appropriate usage of room use codes and Taxonomy of Program (TOP) codes, to prepare building space array updates at each site location.
• Coordinate the update of Space Inventory data for reconciliation with other District systems, including SAP and CMMS.
• Update the Space Inventory campus map for each College location to reflect updated Space Inventory information, including buildings offline, construction sites, swing space areas, etc.
• Update Space Inventory data in the FUSION system to accurately report the current calendar year’s space, including land locations, building names, State building numbers, building status, room use codes, TOP codes, assignable square footage (ASF), station counts, and non-assignable square footage.
• Coordinate updating of the previous fiscal year’s Energy Usage Calculator worksheet with the BuildLACCD program management team and submit the document to the State Chancellor’s Office.
• Coordinate electronic submittal of the final Space Inventory update in FUSION with the District office.
• Prepare electronic copies of the final Space Inventory and updated campus maps for distribution to the District and College’s.
Closeout of State Funded Projects, Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with the BuildLACCD program management team regarding closeout status updates for each State funded capital outlay project. Provide an updated State funded project closeout tracking document to the District.
• Prepare a final JCAF 31 for each State funded project.
• Prepare a Side-by-Side Space Comparison document of each State funded project which compares project space as approved by the State during the Working Drawings phase to the building space array as input in the most recent Space Inventory.
• Prepare a final JCAF 32 to reflect total project expenditures. The final JCAF 32 must reflect total State funds expended, District funds expended that are required for local match commitments, and all other District funds expended that are not required for local match commitment for the duration of the project. The final JCAF 32 also includes an updated final project calendar.
• Prepare a final project Quarterly Report with costs consistent to those within the final JCAF 32 (previous bullet above).
• Prepare a final Group II Equipment list of all equipment purchased for State funded projects receiving State release of equipment funds after June 2012.
• Coordinate with the BuildLACCD program management team to obtain the following documents for State funded projects: Certificate of Substantial Completion, Notice of Final Completion, DSA Certification and Close of File Letter, DSA 6 Forms (DSA-6, DSA-6 A/E, DSA-168).
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor Degree with 10 years of experience in state capital outlay planning for CA Community Colleges
• Experience on working on California higher education projects
• Experience in:
• Preparing a 5 year construction plan (5YCP)
• Space inventory planning
• FUSION implementation and update
• Closeout procedures for state funding projects
• Capacity load and (WSCH) Weekly student contact hours analysis
• Working with large public agencies
• Working in large infrastructure bond programs
• Experience Using:
• Integration between Data FUSION, CMMS, and SAP
• In Design
• Adobe Illustrator
• Acrobat Professional
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and other popular business computer programs
• Effective communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
• Demonstrate a reliable, responsive, and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Experience/Knowledge of State Chancellor office Facilities Planning unit
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday November 30, 2016 @ 3:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Business Analyst III 5YCP
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org