Computer Specialist III Proliance Administrator (Closed)
Computer Specialist III (Proliance Support Administrator)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: LACCD Program Management Office
Salary Range: $88.0K to $110.2K annual, depending upon experience
Performs assignments associated with the implementation and support of electronic program management systems in general and specifically for the BuildLACCD building program, based on Meridian Systems’ Proliance. Develops and maintains professional working knowledge and abilities in the application of systems, principles, theories, and concepts providing solutions to a variety of problems. Extensive experience in all phases of project management system solutions involving responsible planning and implementation of complex projects. This position requires knowledge in multiple technical areas, sound problem resolution, judgment, decision-making and troubleshooting skills.
• Identify and help to formalize/document standardized operating procedures (SOPs), user guides and activities associated with projects and programs.
• Coordinate the identification of application criteria, specifications, descriptions, data elements and work breakdown structures
• Oversee development and implementation of Proliance systems new projects and programs and support ongoing programs
• Configure systems as necessary to meet program requirements and contractual obligations
• Interface with teams, departments, consultants, contractors and community to resolve problems.
• Identify and analyze system malfunctions and make recommendations toward their resolution.
• Advise management of the status of the implementation of systems on a regular basis
• Evaluate software interface with systems and resolve complex interface issues
• Anticipate problem areas and provide recommendations prior to need arising
• Ensure system flexibility to accommodate likely future requirements potential problem areas
• Interface with senior management and vendors on current capabilities and limitations
• Analyze system information and metrics to detect program deficiencies and implement corrective action
• Assist in marketing and participate in project/program acquisition
• Train, mentor and develop staff
• Keep immediate superior informed of situations beyond the individual’s control or authority to act.
• Regularly read technical publications and attend appropriate training courses, conferences, product demonstrations and seminars and keep abreast of applicable industry developments concerning program management software.
• Cooperate with teams and share knowledge.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5 – 7 years of related experience.
• Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in engineering, construction management, industrial management, or business. 5 years of experience in construction management work will be considered as a substitute for the degree requirement.
• At least 5 years’ experience in cost and schedule engineering with construction contractors and / or construction management firms.
• Knowledge of basic business practices associated with project and program management.
• Experience developing reports leveraging IBM Cognos reporting platform
• Experience developing workflows using Visio
• Knowledge of current computer equipment and related devices
• Knowledge of accounting principles, office methods and procedures.
• Ability to interpret diagrammatic representations of workflow
• Ability to shift project assignments due to project priority changes
• Ability to interpret scope guidance and contractual agreements to determine the responsibilities
• Ability to interact with users, listen, interpret, articulate, and document technical solutions
• Ability and commitment to provide remote support services to users when needed
• Strong technical, organization, interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of computer systems and their applications
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong leadership and team-building skills
• Forward thinking and initiative
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines and respond to changing demands
• Ability to independently address assignments with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to travel locally (will vary between 10% and 25%)
• Knowledge of current IT system architectures, methodologies and frameworks.
• Experience in program or project controls
• Have at least 5 years of experience in program controls function for a large construction program
• Knowledge of systems analysis, data processing mathematics and statistics.
• Good understanding of project management and project controls in the engineering and construction fields.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday September 8, 2016 @ 12 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Computer Specialist III
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: September 16, 2016
Interviews: week of September 19th
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: Week of September 26th