Construction Contracts Coordinator (Closed)
CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS COORDINATOR (PROJECT MANAGER III)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: $145.6K to $182.0K annual, depending upon experience
Coordinate procurement related activities between the BuildLACCD Program Management Office (PMO) Contracts Departments the PMO Design and Construction Departments and the College Project Teams (CPT).
• Collaborate and assist the Program Management Office and College Project Teams in the development and execution of project procurement strategies associated with Strategic Execution Plan projects.
• Coordinate and set-up pre-procurement kick-off meetings to include appropriate PMO Departments and CPT staff for all major Capital improvement Projects.
• Assist in the development and update of Lease-Leaseback, Design-Build, and Design- Bid-Build Contract Documents in support of Campus Improvement Package (CIP).
• Review PMO and CPT input on project specific Contract Documents for clarity and consistency with the scope of work being contracted.
• Assist PMO and CPT in the development of Project Initiation Forms (PIF) at the beginning of the procurement cycle and Project Assessment Forms (PAF) during the execution phase of the contract.
• Coordinate with PMO departments and College Project Team(s) to reconcile and validate that project budget and schedule information is accurate and consistent within the Contract Documentation for Request for Quotations / Proposals (RFQ/P).
• Assist in the review, inspection, and documentation of campus on-site conditions and issues that may impact project specific procurements.
• Assist in identifying project specific risks and potential add / deductive alternatives to consider during the procurement phase.
• Track procurement and contract status and provide management reports relative to overall program pertaining to construction project delivery schedules.
• Assist in answering technical RFIs relative to DBB, DB, and LLB Requests for Proposals
• Assist in outreach efforts inclusive of Community Economic Development (CED) to provide general program information, as well as project specific information relative to upcoming procurements.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a Public Works Project / Construction Management; inclusive of Public Works experience in a large ($100 Million +) Capital Improvement Program
• Working knowledge of Public Contract Code and current Public Work’s contracting delivery methods.
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• 5 years of design / construction related experience in K-12 and / or Higher Education Capital Improvement Program.
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design, construction, and all aspects of project closeout.
• Experience in alternative project / construction delivery methods.
• Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance.
• Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and / or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
• Experience in Formal Construction Partnering.
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction / design processes or similar.
• A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land.
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday August 19, 2015 @ 3:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LACCD Construction Contracts Coordinator