Construction Environmental Systems Manager (Closed)
CONSTRUCTION ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS MANAGER (CEMS)
Project: Los Angeles Country Metropolitan Transportation Authority (METRO)
Transportation, Environmental and Sustainability Projects
Hourly Rate: $51.00 to $61.00/hour depending upon experience
We are currently looking for a Construction Environmental Systems Manager (CEMS) in the Los Angeles, CA area. This position will have you working closely with the client on a daily basis.
- Oversee and assist in the development of the Construction EMS program for major construction project compliance to environmental regulatory requirements and owner policies.
- Prepare and conduct Construction EMS Planning and guidelines for identification and updating of environmental aspects/impacts, objectives and targets, organizational chart and responsibilities, guidelines for revisions and improvements of Construction EMS in accordance with the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Plan and prepare for annual internal and external Construction EMS audits, ISO 14001 auditing checklist overview, audit opening and closing meeting organization.
- Implement Construction EMS Action Plans – both facility-specific and agency-wide Action Plan development, environmental aspect/impact analysis, targets and objectives.
- Review and recommend environmental compliance requirements for federal, state, and local regulations associated with operations and construction.
- Train personnel in Construction EMS general awareness and environmental requirements for construction projects including regulatory submittals, mitigation measure requirements and documentation, as necessary and in line with client guidelines.
- Maintain Construction EMS through Corrective Actions; monitoring and measurement procedures, track performance, compliance obligations, procedures for non-conformance and corrective and preventive action, and record retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Design Management, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, or related field.
- ISO 14001: 2015 Lead Auditor Certification highly desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years in senior-level construction management and
(i) environmental compliance experience related to air quality, stormwater, hazardous waste, and tanks
(ii) environmental health and safety experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the development and implementation of construction quality assurance or construction EMS program.
- Experience with data collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting, and electronic recordkeeping and management of documents and records.
- Ability to successfully coordinate and communicate effectively with the client, project contractors, subcontractor, owner project managers, and stakeholders in various departments.
- Preferable Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Extremely high attention to detail.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday March 26, 2019 @ 12:00pm noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: METRO Construction Environmental Systems Manager (CEMS)
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “APPLY FOR JOB” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com