Contract Administrator III – SAP Specialist (Closed)
Contract Administrator III (SAP Specialist)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: Program Management Office, Downtown Los Angeles
Salary Range: $105.9K to $124.6K annual, depending upon experience
• Receive requests from various colleges of items to be purchased and send correspondence to vendors for quotes.
• Responsible for all aspects of the procurement process including, planning, monitoring, and reporting.
• Review Proposed Board Actions (PBA) for the purchase of Furniture Fixture & Equipment (FF&E).
• Request quotes and log Purchase Orders into Access database.
• Manage the Purchase Order process from order to delivery.
• Participate in job walks (if required) at the colleges.
• Work closely with the Relocation Project Managers (RPM) and user groups in regards to the procurement and purchase of FF&E required for each project.
• Provide support for Procurement efforts at all nine colleges and District Educational Services Center located in the Los Angeles Community College District.
• Provide lists of equipment and specialty items that are anticipated to be required at more than one college to Procurement for future Master Agreement efforts.
• Review FF&E Purchase Orders using the approved checklist to ensure accuracy of: contacts & delivery dates, project numbers, project names, delivery address, etc.
• Upload purchase orders into District SAP enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and accurately identify assets by class and general ledger code.
• Track and report on all purchasing lists status and prepare regular status reports. Attend all staff meetings including weekly RPM meetings and weekly Procurement meetings and report on purchasing and college projects.
• Work closely with RPM team to update all tracking logs with accurate and timely information and perform all other duties as assigned.
• Manage and conduct Requests for Bids (RFB) for Master Agreements for the purchase of FFE to equip new buildings.
• Provide colleges equipment with extended warranties to reduce the total cost of ownership.
• Provide support to Asset Management with knowledge of assets, sub-assets and complex assets as entered into District’s SAP ERP system.
• Validate SAP FF&E product information and warranty information on all purchase orders to ensure accuracy of data.
• Run SAP reports as needed to facilitate RPM and Asset Management teams.
• Work closely with suppliers and vendors to provide accurate asset information.
• Excellent understanding of accounts payable to facilitate timely payments to suppliers.
• Proven contract management skills demonstrating cost saving to the client.
• Technical communication with District SAP programming and maintenance team to resolve data entry, budget and project related issues.
• Technical expertise to modify low-value and high-value assets in District SAP system as additional components are purchased especially for technology related purchases.
• Understanding of low-value and high-value assets as it relates to District’s depreciation models.
• Understanding of Group One and Group Two FF&E and the process for issuing purchase orders as related to the proper recording of an asset.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience working with California and Federal public procurement
• Experience in Construction public works projects.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Access Database SAP, Proliance
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands
• Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in conducting Requests for Bids (RFB) for Master Agreements for the purchase of FFE
• 6 years’ experience working with SAP ERP
• Knowledge of assets, sub-assets and complex assets as entered into SAP ERP System
• Knowledge of Public Contract Code and California Education Code as it relates to the bidding process
• Experience with PlanetBids for Public Bidding and record keeping
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday January 20, 2016 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Contract Administrator III (SAP Specialist)
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: January 25-26, 2016
Interviews: January 27-February 3, 2016
Anticipated Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: February 2016