Cost Engineer I (Closed)
COST ENGINEER I
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP)
Salary: $77.8K to $91.5K annual salary depending upon experience
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Cost Engineer reports to the Cost Engineer Lead. The successful candidate will have proven cost engineering experience with complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar construction and/or renovation projects. The general job duties include: Prepares detailed computer generated cost reports, charts and diagrams; Provides analysis and review of cost/budget expenditure and maintains cost control reports; Promptly reports anticipated cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements; Maintains liaison with Data Processing in developing support for network calculations, printouts and cost reports, and other cost related services. The Cost Engineer is the liaison between the Project Manager, Project Controls and team, communicating project cost data, analysis and reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The Cost Engineer duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor project budgets for the multi-billion dollar Capital Improvement Program at Los Angeles World Airports.
• Review and analyze consultant / contractor invoices and prepares job costing reports to allocate these expenditures against the appropriate WBS numbers. Ensure that both commitments and expenditures follow the same allocation methodology. Information is communicated to the Project Manager for review and input.
• Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
• Attend project meetings to provide Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Review task orders for consultant/contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary project budget and/or contract capacity exists. Provides input back to Contract Administration, Project Controls, Budget Managers and Project Managers.
• Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Analyze change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Prolog – Update project and contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, create budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of project and financial WBS structure
• Perform project closeouts resourcefully to ensure as Prolog Data matters in LAWA’s reporting needs
• Prepare data to support documentation required journal vouchers for budget transfers
• Works with, provides information for review and gathers input from Contract Administrators, Project Controls, and Project Managers.
• Thorough familiarity with MS office suite software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Prolog is preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL/OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• 3- to 5-years cost engineering experience with 1- to 3-years in direct support of an active construction projects
• Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort. Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required; experience with Prolog is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
• Flexible to a potentially varying shift time or overtime schedule.
• Demonstrate graphic reporting capability.
• Understanding of staff augmentation contracts
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday May 17, 2017 @ 3:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAWA Cost Engineer I LAMP
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com