Cost Engineer II (Closed)
COST ENGINEER II
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP)
Salary: $106.1K to $124.8K annual salary depending upon experience
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The successful candidate will have proven cost engineering experience with complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar construction and/or renovation projects. The general job duties include: Prepares detailed computer generated cost reports, charts and diagrams; Provides analysis and review of cost/budget expenditure and maintains cost control reports; Promptly reports anticipated cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements; Maintains liaison with Data Processing in developing support for network calculations, printouts and cost reports, and other cost related services
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The Cost Engineer duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor project budgets for the multi-billion dollar Capital Improvement Program at Los Angeles World Airports.
• Review and analyze sub-contractor invoices Prepares job costing reports to allocate these expenditures against the appropriate WBS numbers. Ensure that both commitments and expenditures follow the same allocation methodology.
• Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
• Attend project meetings to provide Project Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Review task orders for contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary budget and/or contract capacity exists.
• Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Analyze change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Prolog – Update contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, perform budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of WBS structure
• Perform Project closeout resourcefully to ensure as Prolog Data matters in LAWA’s reporting needs
• Prepare data to support documentation required journal vouchers for budget transfers
• Thorough familiarity with MS office suite software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Prolog is preferred.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL/OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• 5- to 10-years cost engineering experience with 3- to 5-years in direct support of an active construction projects.
• Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required; experience with Prolog is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
• Flexible to a potentially varying shift time or overtime schedule.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Construction Management, Engineering, Business or any related field
• None required.
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday August 28, 2017 @ 8:00am (no exceptions for late submissions)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAWA Cost Engineer II
Recruitment # PC0549
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com