Cost Engineer II LAMP (Closed)
Cost Engineer II
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports – Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP)
Number of Positions: 3
Salary: $114.4K to $128.9K annual base salary depending upon experience
Position Description Summary
The successful candidate will have proven cost engineering experience with complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar construction and/or renovation projects. The general job duties include: Prepares detailed computer generated cost reports, charts and diagrams; Provides analysis and review of cost/budget expenditure and maintains cost control reports; Promptly reports anticipated cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements; Maintains liaison with Data Processing in developing support for network calculations, printouts and cost reports, and other cost related services
Essential Job Duties
• Monitor project budgets for the multi-billion dollar Capital Improvement Program at Los Angeles World Airports.
• Review and analyze sub-contractor invoices Prepares job costing reports to allocate these expenditures against the appropriate WBS numbers. Ensure that both commitments and expenditures follow the same allocation methodology.
• Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
• Attend project meetings to provide Project Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Review task orders for contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary budget and/or contract capacity exists.
• Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Analyze change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Prolog – Update contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, perform budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of WBS structure
• Perform Project closeout resourcefully to ensure as Prolog Data matters in LAWA’s reporting needs
• Prepare data to support documentation required journal vouchers for budget transfers
Thorough familiarity with MS office suite software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Prolog is preferred.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
• 5- to 10-years cost engineering experience with 3- to 5-years in direct support of an active construction projects.
• Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required; experience with Prolog is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
• Flexible to a potentially varying shift time or overtime schedule.
Bachelors Degree from Accrediting University or College
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Tuesday March 13, 2018 @ 9:00 AM (no exceptions for late submissions)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAWA Cost Engineer II
Recruitment # PC0625, PC0626, PC0627
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org