Cost Engineer II (Closed)
Cost Engineer II
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports – Midfield Satellite Concourse (MSC)
Salary: $100.0K to $124.8K annual, depending upon experience
Positions Available: 1
• Monitor project budgets for the multi-billion dollar Capital Improvement Program at Los Angeles World Airports.
• Review and analyze sub-contractor invoices for accuracy, earned to date values and legitimacy of charges (PA authorizations, ODC validation, task order NTE values, etc). Assign job costing reports to allocate these expenditures against the appropriate WBS to ensure that both commitments and expenditures follow the same allocation methodology.
• Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
• Attend project meetings to provide Project Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
• Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
• Review task orders for contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary budget and/or contract capacity exists.
• Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Analyze change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
• Prolog – Update contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, perform budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of WBS structure
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
• Thorough familiarity with MS office suite software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Prolog is preferred.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• 5- to 10-years cost engineering experience with 3- to 5-years in direct support of an active construction projects.
• Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
• Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required; experience with Prolog is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday May 11, 2015 @ 9:00am
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAWA Cost Engineer II MSC