Data Technician I – Graphics (Closed)
DATA TECHNICIAN I (GRAPHICS)
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / Project Controls Graphics
Salary: up to $62.4K
The Project Controls Graphics Technician reports to the Program Controls Manager; and assists the Project Controls Teams to prepare and update graphic-based exhibits and presentations.
• Prepares graphic exhibits that incorporates pictures, CAD files and other base-graphic information for presentations and reporting requirements.
• Enters and revises graphic information relating to budget, cost and other financial information; manpower and project staffing forecasts; and other data collection and analysis functions. Individual graphics may be combined into one comprehensive report.
• Creates data directories/subdirectories for file and report generation retrieval purposes. Maintains paper and/or disk file of entered data.
• Performs routine maintenance tasks related to hardware/software or files technical assistance requests as necessary.
• Reviews discrepancies in data received, requests clarification or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
• Interacts with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and publications flow and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to job processes to ensure standards in data entry, collection and retrieval.
• Will occasionally perform scanning, copying collating and filing activities to support a Document Control or clerical staff, as needed.
• Performs data entry using word processing, spreadsheet or database commands and formats material as required.
A four-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related field required
Professional Experience Level and Other Qualifications
• Minimum two (2) years of professional experience.
• Previous experience in a construction environment is highly desirable.
• Previous experience in a graphic-intensive project-management office is highly desirable.
• Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software products, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
• Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment. Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
• Must possess a “can-do” attitude: able to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
• Must be able to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40-pounds.
• MS Office Suite, including Excel and Access, is required.
• Demonstrated experience with industry-leading graphics packages is required.
• Demonstrated experience with Adobe Acrobat PDF is required.
• Experience with Prolog Manager, Primavera Expedition or some other large-scale software package is highly desirable.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Tuesday May 7, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Data Technician (Graphics)
At a minimum, the candidate’s professional resume must include the following:
1) List of all Educational Achievements
2) List of all Professional Licenses or Certificates
3) List of Awards Received
4) Detailed Employment History with each company or government agency including
a) Name & Contact Information of the firm or agency,
b) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
c) Positions Held
d) List of Projects/Programs Managed including project value, location of assignment, roles and responsibilities and contribution to each project