Designer III (Closed)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: LACCD Program Management Office, Downtown Los Angeles
Salary Range: $110.3K to $129.8K annual, depending upon experience
• Ensure all DSA submittal and closeout requirements are met on behalf of LACCD and all required documentation has been submitted to DSA in order to achieve full certification.
• Provide DSA information and training to any and all personnel of Build-LACCD, CPT, and Los Angeles Community College District and its subcontractors to ensure eventual DSA certification.
• Maintain and distribute any and all materials related to DSA submittals, approvals, change orders, deferred approvals, field trip deficiency notices, 90-day letters, and final certification and ensure that all of the above are approved by DSA.
• Provide extensive research on all District projects including but not limited to status of each project, detailed information on architects/engineers, inspectors, contractors, labs, construction cost, addenda/change order/deferred approvals and solutions to challenging closeout issues, including a “living” document for future use.
• Offer feasible resolutions to genuine problems facing the District, i.e., partial completion of scope of work, missing or out of business contractors, deceased design team professionals, and/or intricate issues regarding Inspectors / Laboratories.
• Maintain close and effective working relationship with the staff at the Division of the State Architect’s office so as to negotiate with DSA and communicate with architects, engineers, inspectors, and other government entities on District’s behalf to ensure a more efficient closing.
• Oversee locating missing contractors, retired inspectors, and deceased entities and provide resolutions on same so as to not delay, prevent, or challenge any aspect of the submittal or closeout process.
• Coordinate field issues with Architects, Engineers, and Consultants, and otherwise act as a liaison between DSA, District staff, and Construction Management re: all closeout issues and any other issue as needed.
• Obtain all electronic archival information from the DSA ADM Network (closeout documents and DSA approved drawings).
• Coordinate the selection process of Project Inspectors including but not limited to creation of Inspection Matrix for short listing of all Inspectors on LACCD projects – including checking references, verifying experience and previous project certifications for use in selection process
• Coordinate the selection process of Laboratory of Record including but not limited to creation of Laboratory Matrix for final selection on LACCD projects – including checking references, verifying experience and previous project performance for use in selection process
• Review and approve requests for additional and overtime for Project Inspectors and Laboratory of Records based upon the SOP criteria.
• Maintain and update Design Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Assist and participate in Quality Audits of the CPT in adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Track and provide detailed charts and analysis on any and all aspects of Design, Certification, and Construction Activities to PMO Director and Board of Trustees on a monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as required schedule
• Any and all duties as assigned by Build-LACCD Management.
• 10 – 15 years’ minimum experience on a construction program or related business experience.
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and in a team environment
• Good communication and presentations skills a must
• Proficiency in MS Office software
• Experience utilizing Widget Cost Control, MS Access, MS Excel, DELTEK, Proliance, Data-Warehouse or similar programs
• 10-15 years’ experience with Higher Education; DSA closeout certification; field experience with DSA
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Friday April 1, 2016 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Designed III
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of April 4, 2016
Interviews: Week of April 4, 2016
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: April 2016