Document Control Technician (Closed)
DOCUMENT CONTROL TECHNICIAN I
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports / – Terminals/Tenants
Automated People Mover (APM)
Salary: $42.5K to $49.9K annual salary depending upon experience
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Document Control Support encompasses both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing. Technician shall maintain an electronic and hard copy centralized filing system; receive from and deliver all project related contract documentation to the Contractor, which may require driving to a field construction work location on the LAX campus; and process, distribute, and archive all project related documentation received and sent using Prolog Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Process project documents and maintain document control files in accordance with Planning & Development Group (PDG) document control procedures. This involves both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing.
• The control, scanning, indexing, linking, hardcopy filing, and distribution of documents in Prolog.
• Prepare transmittals, distribute documents, and retrieve documents using Prolog software.
• Distribute correspondence, technical submittals, project reports, Requests for Information, contract plans and specifications, and other contract documents to internal (PDG) and external project participants using Prolog.
• Effectively work in a team environment.
• Communicate professionally and clearly, in both verbal and written formats.
• Ensure that work is accomplished in the required time frames /meet deadlines.
• Have flexibility to adapt to and fulfill changing priorities.
OTHER REQUIRED DUTIES
• Assist the Project Manager, the Construction Manager, and the Project Team in matters relative to project documents and the control and distribution of documents in Prolog Manager.
• Establish and maintain files; receive, index and scan documents into Prolog Manager software. Types of documents include correspondence, field memos, submittals, pay requests, drawing log, safety notices, RFIs, and photos.
• Create binders, create labels, organize and file hard copy contract documents.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software is required.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional is required.
• Experience with large-scale Document Control Software is preferred, Prolog experience is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience with routine Document Control hardware and software, such as scanners, optical character recognition, network copiers, is required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL/OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous experience managing a Document Control effort for a large-scale, multi-million dollar construction project required. Experience on a large-scale, billion dollar public-sector construction project highly desirable.
• Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job tasks.
• Produce accurate and timely results, while maintaining a positive, customer-service attitude.
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility, and growth in previous positions.
• Demonstrated proficiency with large-scale Document Control management software (Prolog highly desirable).
• Ability to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace is required.
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
• Must have a proactive, “can do” attitude with results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
• Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds;
• Must be able to occasionally wrap, lift, and move boxes/packages of up to 40-pounds.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; two-year technical degree and two years of related experience accepted
• Up to five (5) years of experience with document processing and data management; document processing experience at large international airports preferred
• Previous experience in a construction environment is highly desirable.
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday February 27, 2017 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAWA Document Control Technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com