Document Control Technician I (Closed)
Document Control Technician I
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports
Salary: up to $52.0K annual, depending upon experience
Summary: Process, distribute and archive all project related documentation received and sent, using Prolog Manager and maintaining an electronic and hard copy centralized filing system. This is not an office-position: the qualified candidate will directly support a construction contract and will be co-located with the construction management team in a field construction environment.
- The control, scanning, indexing, linking and distribution of documents in Prolog. This includes internal to ADG and external to project participants distribution of correspondence, technical submittals, project reports, Requests for Information, and contract plans and specifications.
- Prepare transmittals, distribute documents using Prolog and retrieve documents through Prolog software.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must be a proactive, self-starter with a results-oriented focus.
- Must be sensitive to time deadlines and ensure that work is accomplished in the time frames required and must be flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities
- Assist the Project Manager, the Construction Manager and the Project Team in all matters relative to project documents and the control and distribution in Prolog Manager.
- Process project documents and maintain document control files in accordance with project document control procedures.
- Responsibilities include establish and maintain files, receive, index and scan into Prolog Manager software. Types of project documents include correspondence, field memos, submittals, pay requests, drawing log, safety notices, RFIs, and photos.
- The control, scanning, indexing, linking and distribution of documents in Prolog. This includes internal to LAXDP and external to project participants distribution of correspondence, technical submittals, project reports, Requests for Information, and contract plans and specifications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with large-scale Document Control management software (Prolog and/or Documentum highly desirable).
- Previous experience managing a Document Control effort for a large-scale, billion dollar construction project required. Experience on a large-scale, billion dollar public-sector construction project highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software products, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment. Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satis¬factory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude: able to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
- Must be able to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40-pounds.
- Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience with large-scale Document Control Software is preferred, Prolog and/or Documentum highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with routine Document Control hardware and software, such as scanners, optical character recognition.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience in document control.
- Previous experience in a construction environment is highly desirable.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday December 29, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Document Control Technician I
At a minimum submitted resume must include detailed employment history with:
1) Name & Location of company or government agency
2) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
3) Positions Held
4) List of Projects/Programs Managed including:
a) project value $$
b) location of assignment
c) roles and responsibilities
d) contribution to each project