Document Control Technician II (Closed)
Document Control Technician II
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports – Budget & Administration
Number of Positions: 5
Salary: $49.9K to $62.4K annual base salary depending upon experience
Position Description Summary
Process, distribute, and archive all project related documentation received and sent using Prolog Manager. Maintain an electronic and hard copy centralized filing system. Document Control Support encompasses both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing.
The qualified candidate may be co-located with the construction management team in a field construction environment once training is completed. Candidate should have the means to drive distances between office and field locations.
Essential Job Duties
• The control, scanning, indexing, linking, hardcopy filing and distribution of documents in Prolog. This includes internal to Planning & Development Group (PDG) and external to project participants distribution of correspondence, technical submittals, project reports, Requests for Information, and contract plans and specifications.
• Prepare transmittals, distribute documents using Prolog, and retrieve documents through Prolog software.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Must be a proactive, self-starter, with a results-oriented focus.
• Must be sensitive to time deadlines, ensure that work is accomplished in the time frames required, and must be flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities.
• May be designated as a lead Document Control Technician on a project or element.
• May be assigned training duties to train new staff on document controls procedures.
Other Required Duties
• Assist the Project Manager, the Construction Manager, and the Project Team in all matters relative to project documents and the control and distribution of documents in Prolog Manager.
• Process project documents and maintain document control files in accordance with project document control procedures. Document Control Support encompasses both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing. Responsibilities include establish and maintain files; receive, index and scan documents into Prolog Manager software. Types of project documents include correspondence, field memos, submittals, pay requests, drawing log, safety notices, RFIs, and photos.
• The control, scanning, indexing, linking and distribution of documents in Prolog. This includes internal to LAWA PDG and external to project participants distribution of correspondence, technical submittals, project reports, Requests for Information, and contract plans and specifications. Create binders, create labels, and organize and file contract documents.
• Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
• Experience with large-scale Document Control Software is preferred, Prolog and/or Documentum highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience with routine Document Control hardware and software, such as scanners, optical character recognition.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
• Previous experience managing a Document Control effort for a large-scale, billion dollar construction project required. Experience on a large-scale, billion dollar public-sector construction project highly desirable.
• Must be have a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software products, e.x. Excel, Word, etc.
• Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment. Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility, and growth in previous positions.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a positive customer-service attitude.
• Must possess a “can-do” attitude: able to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
• Must be able to occasionally wrap, lift, and move boxes/packages of up to 40-pounds
• Up to five (5) years of experience with document processing and data management; document processing experience at large international airports preferred
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Professional required
• Previous experience in a construction environment is highly desirable.
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• May work overtime
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday February 21, 2018 @ 2:00 pm (no exceptions for late submissions)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAWA Document Control Technician II
Recruitment # PC0609 – PC0614
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org