Engineer IV – Senior Mechanical Engineer (Closed)
ENGINEER IV – SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Client / Project: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) / Program Management Office (PMO)
Salary Range: $126.4K to $148.7K annual base salary, depending on experience
- Review, understand and enforce the LACCD Standard Operating Policies (SOPs).
- Review Programming Project Criteria documents to ensure adherence to LACCD standards.
- Review documents at different stages of design to ensure all aspects are met.
- Work with commissioning team to provide support when needed.
- Implement the electrification of central plants and other building systems outlined in the Board of Trustees’ Clean Energy Resolution passed in July 9, 2020.
- Experience with Central Plant to assist with complex systems level issues.
- Experience in designing science-teaching laboratories, classrooms, student housing, auditoriums, cafeterias to help solve owners’ issues.
- Knowledge of LEED credits related to mechanical and plumbing.
- Experience with energy and environmental sustainability approaches and its related impacts to operational efficiency.
- Understanding trends and building standard methodologies in the industry.
- Understand Title 24 and ASHRAE recommendations.
- Detail oriented and able to meet project requirements and timelines.
- Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Experience with working collaboratively on projects, including with Program Managers, Project Managers and General Contractors.
- Assist College Project Teams (CPT’s) with technical mechanical and plumbing issues that require second opinions i.e. peer review of Request For Clarifications (RFC’s), Change Orders, etc.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize effectively.
- Experience with Microsoft suite.
- Ability to work well with others under strict deadlines.
- Ability to track, address and resolve all project issues in a timely manner.
- Capable of travelling to and from project sites for attending project and construction meetings.
- Experience with documenting site conditions at various stages of construction
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the PMO and LACCD.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience designing HVAC, plumbing and fire protection for building systems.
- 6 or more years of DSA experience for mechanical and plumbing systems
- 5 or more years of Construction field experience with ability to trouble shoot operational and
- commissioning issues to implement solutions in a timely manner.
- 6 or more years of project experience with Community Colleges
- Strong Local Code experience related to mechanical plumbing and fire protection.
- PE Engineering license or equivalent or ability to become a licensed PE
- IES VE modeling experience preferred
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday June 8, 2021 @ 12:00 noon (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Senior Mechanical Engineer
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of June 14, 2021
Interviews: Week of June 14, 2021
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: June 2021
Recruitment No.: SAC-299
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com