Estimating Manager III (Closed)
ESTIMATING MANAGER III
Program: Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) Project Controls, Various Projects LAX, ONT, VNY
Salary: Up to $156K annual
• Collaborate with Senior ADG staff to define Capital Program strategy
• Assist Executive staff to advance the vision of the LAWA.
• Create a work culture of detailed, accurate production and collaboration with project management staff
• Define estimating levels of effort for project assignments and distribute among staff
• Manage the development and execution of all estimating activities for ADG Capital Program
• Lead a team of estimators who are qualified to perform capital cost estimating
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult and complex estimating problems
• Determine staffing assignments and reassignments as appropriate, supervising activities of those assigned
• Train and guide assigned personnel in the preparation, revision, and production of cost estimates
• Review work of subordinate personnel for quality, clarity, and application
• Ensure that estimating activities incorporate project staff and others in field by maintaining clear and frequent communication
• Advise engineering and project management teams regarding any problem areas observed from both scope review, estimate development and field visits to confirm work in place
• Provide technical direction, making decisions and/or obtaining additional technical staff assistance as the situation warrants (may include obtaining the services of specialty consultants)
• Promote technical excellence on the estimating team, including furthering professional accreditations, training and certifications if and when possible
• Maintain affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies
• Recommend and prepare technical papers
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Previous experience in a data-intensive project-management office is highly desirable.
• Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
• Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment. Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
• Must possess a “can-do” attitude: able to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
• Must be able to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40-pounds.
REGISTRATION / CERTIFICATION
• AACE Certifications CCP, CEP, CCC, CCE, CFCC, or CET are highly desired
• A four-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related field required; a Master’s degree preferred
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• Fifteen years of cost management and/or estimating experience with ten years in direct support of an active construction project, preferably terminal renovation in the $200 million and above range
• Strong ability to recognize ways to contribute to a culture of leadership. Seeks to go beyond the status quo, strives for continuing improvement and inspires greatness in others.
• Does not tolerate the status quo and inspires greatness in others
• Five or more years of experience managing other cost professionals
• Demonstrated skills as a successful communicator, collaborator and facilitator
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical and management-level personnel
• Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort
• Demonstrated experience with complex estimate reconciliations, change order negotiations and claims analysis
• Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats, including Uniformat II
• Proficient with industry estimating databases and other estimating data sources, e.g. RS Means, Richardsons, etc.
• Proficient with large-scale estimating software
• Experience with On-screen Take-off and MC2 is highly desirable
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday March 31, 2014 @ 9:00am
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Estimating Manager
At a minimum, the candidate’s professional resume must include the following:
1) List of all Educational Achievements
2) List of all Professional Licenses or Certificates
3) List of Awards Received
4) Detailed Employment History with each company or government agency including
a) Name & Contact Information of the firm or agency,
b) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
c) Positions Held
d) List of Projects/Programs Managed including project value, location of assignment, roles and responsibilities and contribution to each project