Estimator II (Closed)
Assignment: Los Angeles World Airports – Landside, Utilities and Infrastructure
Salary: $93.6K to $122.7K annual base salary depending upon experience
KEY IDENTIFIERS FOR THE POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years of general estimating experience directly related to both engineering and construction projects is required
- Ability to produce conceptual estimates, detailed estimates and negotiate change orders with Contractors.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The successful candidate will have proven cost experience. The general job duties will include but not be limited to, preparing conceptual & detailed estimates, negotiating change orders, developing budgets and reviewing invoices. Proficiency with electrical, utilities and heavy civil trades is highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Review the scope specified within the proposal to ensure it includes the appropriate scope
- Review the labor rates to ensure conformance to the contract specifications
- Review labor productivity to ensure that the labor hours are in conformance with working restrictions, overtime is appropriate, etc.
- Review quantities and ensure there is a fair and reasonable representation of additional scope, as well as possible credits
- Review the material pricing and validate against R.S. Means and other support data, for other pricing references
- Review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references
- Review contractor mark-ups to ensure that the correct mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded
- Develop the record of negotiation documentation
- Develop detailed cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers
- Proactively establish a routine reporting cycle that clearly communicates when an estimate changes and why
- Prepare and review material take-offs from planning documents or engineering drawings
- Prepare detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems
- Prepare estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees.
- Review contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes
- Contribute to the advancement of LAWA goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders
- Proficient with large-scale estimating software
- Experience with On-screen Take-off and MC2 is highly desirable
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel)
- Proficient with industry estimating databases and other estimating data sources, e.g. RS Means, Richardsons, etc.
- Experience with HCSS estimating software desirable
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE LEVEL/OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 years of general estimating experience directly related to both engineering and construction projects are required.
- Previous experience with airports is highly desirable
- Demonstrates a proactive, firm and respectful approach to estimate reconciliation efforts and change order processing
- Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats, including Uniformat II
- Proved accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- May assume other duties as required/needed
- May work overtime
- Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
On or before Wednesday August 8, 2018 @ 12:00pm noon (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAWA Estimator II
Recruitment # PC0675
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “Apply For Job” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org