Estimator III (Closed)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $145.0K annual depending on experience.
• Senior level estimator to report to PMO Project Controls Manager.
• Plan, supervise, and participate in the preparation of construction cost estimates of buildings or other structures from drawings, outlines, and specifications.
• Prepare estimates pre design based on scope and building type.
• Evaluate cost estimating deliverables prepared by by consultants for cost containment, accuracy, uniformity and completeness.
• Perform special studies and prepare reports when contractors’ bids vary from the agreed construction cost estimate.
• Conduct construction/project site visits gathering relevant information and determine what information to be used to produce project estimates.
• Evaluate pricing documents, historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations.
• Evaluate quotes, bids, change orders, value engineering reports, and claims for accuracy and completeness of stated costs.
• Compile and analyze data on all factors that influence costs such as material, labor, equipment and profit.
• Prepare technical evaluations; cost estimating draft report, memos and letters and presents recommendation to management.
• Mediate and negotiate consensus solutions.
• Perform other related estimating duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 10 years minimum recent professional experience in the preparation of complete cost estimates for type I, II, or III, and V building construction as defined by the State building code including two years in a supervisory capacity.
• Expert in theories, principles, and practices of cost estimating and contract pricing.
• Full knowledge of construction methods for buildings and structures.
• Full knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs.
• Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders.
• Ability to compare cost estimates with contractors proposal to quickly identify discrepancies.
• Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal.
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge and use of Trimble Winest
• Knowledge and use of Means Cost Estimating online system
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Estimator III