Estimator IV (Closed)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Program Management Office (Downtown Los Angeles)
Salary Range: $147.8K to $164.3K annual base salary, depending upon experience
• Senior level estimator to report to PMO Project Controls Manager.
• Plan, supervise, and participate in the preparation of construction cost estimates of buildings or other structures from drawings, outlines, and specifications.
• Prepare estimates pre design based on scope and building type.
• Evaluate cost estimating deliverables prepared by consultants for cost containment, accuracy, uniformity and completeness.
• Perform special studies and prepare reports when contractors’ bids vary from the agreed construction cost estimate.
• Conduct construction/project site visits gathering relevant information and determine what information to be used to produce project estimates.
• Evaluate pricing documents, historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations.
• Evaluate quotes, bids, change orders, value engineering reports, and claims for accuracy and completeness of states costs.
• Compile and analyze data on all factors that influence costs such as material, labor, equipment and profit.
• Prepare technical evaluations, cost estimating draft report, memos and letters and present recommendation to management.
• Mediate and negotiate consensus solutions.
• Perform other related estimating duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 10 years minimum recent professional experience in the preparation of complete cost estimates for type I, II, or III, and V building construction as defined by the State building code including two years in a supervisory capacity.
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related degree required; additional 4 years qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education
• Expert in theories, principles, and practices of cost estimating and contract pricing.
• Expert in JOC (Job Order Contracting) form of contracting
• Full knowledge of construction methods for buildings and structures.
• Full knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs.
• Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders.
• Ability to compare cost estimates with contractors’ proposal to quickly identify discrepancies.
• Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Expert in usage of eGordian Database for JOC (Job Order Contracting) estimating
• Knowledge and use of Trimble Winest
• Knowledge and use of Means Cost Estimating online system
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Friday February 2, 2018 @ 10:00am (no late submissions will be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Estimator IV
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: February 5, 2018
Interviews: February 12, 2018
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: February/March 2018
Recruitment No.: SAC-165
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org