Intern II (Closed)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $45.0K annual
Provide administrative and office support as needed to multiple departments on the BuildLACCD Program such as creating Word documents, meeting minutes, spreadsheets and presentations, filing and scanning, creating binders and labels, document organization, database management, electronic filing, and special project administrative support.
• Provide general administrative support to multiple departments.
• Provide support as needed to the Asset Management Team to complete asset management functions such as inputting of asset tagging information in spreadsheets for upload, record asset tags into spreadsheets for retirement and update with surplus status, assistance in entering auctions in AASP system, assist with recording of RFID tags, create asset approval forms, scan and file receipt of surplus property forms.
• Assist Quality Control Department in working with all departments to track and update all BuildLACCD so that they can be posted on the website.
• Assist Accounting Department with bi-weekly review and quality control check of all final invoices prior to issuance to the District for signature and other Accounting duties as needed.
• Support Procurement Team with creating weekly meeting agendas and meeting minutes, follow up on outstanding Procurement items for the RPM Team, input Master Agreement information into databases.
• Assist Design Department with electronic filing and tracking of DSA drawings, coding with DSA ID numbers, and saving in ProjectWise.
• Assist Construction Team with creating transmittals for drawings and specifications to distribute to colleges.
• Assist with updating telephone directories, creating name plates for new employee workstations, scanning of invoices and other administrative duties as needed.
• Provide support to the Relocation Project Management Team with scheduling meetings, creating reports, agendas and meeting minutes, inputting Purchase Order and Financial Close Out information in databases, assist with special projects as needed.
• Track absences for all RPM and Asset Management Team staff and assist with the review of monthly labor logs and expense reports for accuracy prior to supervisor review.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• High school diploma.
• Must have keyboarding/computer experience. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, email, phones, copiers, and other office machinery.
• Must have very strong organizational skills, knowledge of office administration and be able to use and operate standard office equipment.
• Attention to detail. Good proof reading and editing skills.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and good multitasking skills.
• 2 years of office experience.
• Experience working on construction management programs.
• Experience with meeting minutes, spreadsheets, document organization, and electronic filing.
• Knowledge of accounting and invoicing processes.
• Knowledge of computer filing structures.
• Knowledge of asset management surplus auctions and systems.
Interviews: December 18 – December 23, 2014
Anticipated Start: January 5, 2015
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Friday December 12, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Intern II
At a minimum submitted resume must include detailed employment history with:
1) Name & Location of company or government agency
2) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
3) Positions Held
4) List of Projects/Programs Managed including:
a) project value $$
b) location of assignment
c) roles and responsibilities
d) contribution to each project