Lead Project Cost Estimator
LEAD PROJECT COST ESTIMATOR
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Program Support Services
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary Range: $154.7k to $182.0k annual base salary plus benefits
- Leads and supervises a team of Estimators, including designating daily assignments.
- Plans and participates in the preparation of construction cost estimates of buildings or other structures from drawings, outlines, and specifications.
- Prepares and reviews cost estimates and forms and other materials submitted to secure State and/or federal grants and loans from school aid programs and represents the District on matters pertinent to securing such funds.
- Checks construction cost estimates submitted by commissioned architects and engineers for accuracy and completeness and compares them with District estimates.
- Confers with commissioned architects and engineers to resolve differences in their cost estimates and District estimates for each project and negotiates agreements on preliminary estimates of construction costs.
- Makes studies and prepares reports when contractors’ bids vary widely from the agreed construction cost estimate.
- Checks segregations of contract costs as estimated by building contractors and recommends acceptance or rejection as a basis for progress payments.
- Analyzes change orders on construction work under contract and approves or rejects extras or credits submitted.
- Prepares or reviews cost estimates for projects.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for approval of plans and specifications for building projects and submission of approved projects to public bidding.
- Develops methods for maintaining data used in records, charts, and graphs reflecting estimated construction costs compared with actual costs.
- Conducts and participates in seminars and workshops with staff and minority contractors relative to school construction bidding procedures, contracts, and cost estimating.
- Estimates costs of damages to District property caused by fire, natural disaster, and major acts of vandalism.
- Establishes budgets for school building projects.
- Assists other branches with related functions.
- Prepares preliminary and final independent cost estimates of projects for comparison with designer or contractor for PM/CM to establish negotiating position.
- Prepares change order estimates for Owner Authorized Representatives to establish negotiating position.
- Provides support in price negotiations.
- Prepares claim analyses and estimates.
- Reviews contractor’s claims and proposals for merit and accountability.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 15 years full time paid professional experience in the preparation of complete cost estimates for major/complex type I, II, or III, and V building construction as defined by the State building codes, including three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in developing conceptual and preconstruction cost estimates for complex school building projects.
- Ability to prepare cost estimates quickly in a fast- paced working environment.
- Knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs.
- Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders.
- Ability to compare the independent cost estimate with contractor proposal to quickly identify differences.
- Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday December 1, 2021 @ 9:00am (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAUSD Lead Project Cost Estimator
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week from resume submission
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks from resume submission
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within 3 weeks from resume submission
Recruitment # CM-LPCE-1121-25
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org