Network Scoping Engineer (Closed)
NETWORK SCOPING ENGINEER
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Asset Management
Salary Range: $92.5K to $96.6K
• Performs scoping duties for WLAN/LAN refresh network modernization projects working with various units in the District such as schools, offices, construction management, Purchasing Branch, ITD, Maintenance and Operations, Branch and other administrative offices involved in the completion of LAN/WLAN network modernization projects including construction and rehabilitation projects as well in the acquisition and installation of equipment.
• Develops scope and specification requirements for bids and contracts
• Prepares schematic diagrams for recommended and efficient installations
• Plans, analyzes and coordinates site equipment requirements
• Develops LAN and WLAN equipment riser diagrams
• Plans, forecasts, and identifies resource requirements for network systems
• Conducts design reviews of IT systems
• Designs solutions aligned with established network standards to meet the requirements of the project
• Provides technical expertise on projects for LAN and WLAN
• Identifies, evaluates, and assists staff in the selection of hardware to meet specifications and requirements
• Manages Engineer for timely and accurate responses to requests for information.
• Coordinates with surveying, testing and inspection staff. Analyzes proposals for rehabilitation and improvement of existing facilities, grounds, or equipment to determine suitability and economic feasibility and to estimate costs.
• Advises personnel on most appropriate equipment purchases and resolves questions or problems related to equipment, replacement, and delivery.
• Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established District standards, and federal policies on layout and installation requirements.
• Prepares written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines related to project file maintenance and document control. Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications.
• Develops strategies and schedules and to create submittal packages that conform to schedule requirements.
• Assists OAR’s in establishing project priority lists that include annual and long range programs for various construction projects, including the maintenance, repair, and rehabilitation of existing schools and equipment.
• Assists in coordinating meetings between site administrators, school personnel, parents, and community representatives to organize construction plans from pre-construction to postconstruction and close out.
• Approves and processes requisitions related to equipment.
• Coordinates the delivery and installation of equipment.
• Assists in review of submittal procedures, RFI’s and monthly invoices.
Minimum of 8 years hands on experience related to the above duties in a similar or equivalent position
Additional Preferred Experience:
Experience utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel Vision and AutoDesk Autocad 2012.
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelors degree in Electrical or Network Engineering or Construction Management
BICSI Registered Cable Distribution Designer (RCDD, Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP); CCNA Wireless, CCNA Voice, or Alcatel Certified Switch Expert (ACSE)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday July 14, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: Network Scoping Engineer
At a minimum submitted resume must include detailed employment history with:
1) Name & Location of company or government agency
2) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
3) Positions Held
4) List of Projects/Programs Managed including:
a) project value $$
b) location of assignment
c) roles and responsibilities
d) contribution to each project