PCB Specialist/Project Manager (Closed)
PCB Specialist/Project Manager
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Office of Environment & Health & Safety (OEHS)
Salary Range: $107.8K to $124.8K annual base salary plus benefits
- Provide guidance and related technical assistance to District Facilities Services Division Offices
- such as Asset Management, Project Execution, Design Specification, etc., on the management of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) including:
- Compliance with the Toxic Substances Control ACT (TSCA) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Provide work direction during major renovations, demolitions and modernization projects.
- Respond to questions related to PCBs during normal Maintenance and Operations activities
- Conduct PBD investigation activities at various schools in support of FSD projects:
- PCB Phase I and Phase II investigations
- PCB Waste Manifesting
- PCB Waste Tracking and Disposal Facility Requirements
- PCB Recordkeeping and Reporting
- PCB Spill Response and Notification Requirements and PCB Storage Requirements
- Provide oversight during mitigation and disposal activities
- Establishes and maintains project budgets and schedules pertaining to PCB investigations.
- Interface with school principals and maintenance personnel to:
- Schedule and organize site surveys, compliance inspections, sample collections, cleaning and other activities
- Communicate with staff, students and parents, if the activities take place during school hour
- Ten (10) years full time paid experience in management of PCB environmental investigations and remediation conducted under the direction of the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) or comparable regulatory agency such as the Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD).
- Must be proficient in the Department of Transportation protocols.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Geology, Engineering or related field
- Site investigation and remedial strategies; federal, state and local environmental regulations; Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) and South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) protocols.
- California Professional Registration (e.g. CHG, PE or PG)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Monday August 6, 2018 @ 12:00 noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LAUSD PCB Specialist/Project Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Week of 8/20/18
INTERVIEW: Week of 8/27/18
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Week of 9/3/18
Recruitment #: CM-PCBS-0718-22
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “APPLY FOR JOB” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org