Planning & Development Project Manager (Closed)
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Maintenance & Operations
Salary Range: $123.7K to $145.0K annual base salary plus benefits
Positions Open: Four (4)
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of pre-construction, project development, bid/award, and project close-out phase of all assigned projects.
- Works with the design team to focus on the approved original project scope.
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects.
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies to complete federal and state requirements as needed; coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion.
- Monitors project budgets on a monthly basis and ensures that budgets accurately reflect the status/progress of projects.
- Resolves complex planning, design and construction project-related issues, disputes and disagreements.
- Reviews status and overall planning, design and construction project progress and ensures project scopes stay within the approved project definition.
- Assists project team with contracts, bid and contract planning.
- Implements project or program policy guidelines and procedures; suggest improvements and implement approved changes.
- Evaluates new developments and strategies affecting program objectives and results.
- Works with technical personnel to estimate costs of building and alteration projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years full time paid professional experience managing public/educational or commercial projects; with full responsibility for coordinating complex activities from project inception, project planning, design, project development to close-out.
- Experience in managing multiple projects concurrently; proficiency in managing various educational modernization projects is preferred.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential may be substituted for the required education.
- Candidates who do not meet the education requirement may substitute experience on a year for year basis and demonstrate extensive proficiency in the duties indicated.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday February 2, 2021 @ 12 noon (no late submissions accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: LAUSD P&D Project Manager
Approximate Processing Time:
SHORTLIST: Within 1 week after resume submission deadline
INTERVIEW: Within 2 weeks after resume submission deadline
SELECTION NOTIFICATION: Within weeks after resume submission deadline
Recruitment # CM-PDPM-0121-03
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com