Programmer Analyst (Closed)
Program: Los Angeles Unified School District – Program Support Services
Salary Range: $89.8K to $98.8K annual, depending upon experience
• Design, develop, writing code and deploy Apex applications. Responsibilities entail creation of complex APEX user interface screens, interactive reports, navigation schemes, layered security, and interfaces.
• Assists in systems analysis and programming on the most complex projects.
• Assists with formulating and defining computer systems requirements and recommends techniques for processing data.
• Prepares block diagrams, detailed flowcharts, and related documentation describing operations to be performed by computers.
• Prepares tests for programs, audits results, and corrects errors in program logic.
• Analyzes existing systems and programming logic difficulties and takes corrective action.
• Designs, develops, and deploys data input/output forms, interactive reports, navigation schemes, and related interfaces using tools such as Oracle Application Express and Apache Tomcat.
• Provides technical assistance for and assists in the training of assigned programming personnel.
• May participate in meetings with customers with regard to modifications to existing systems, methods, forms, records, and reports.
• Assist in the evaluation of new equipment and methods.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Analyze business methods and procedures and adapt them to information technology
• Analyze existing manual and computerized procedures and develop improvements
• Write and code difficult and complex programs
• Prepare block diagrams and flowcharts
• Write clear, logical reports and instructions
• Write clear and logical documentation
• Develop test data and analyze problems in programs
• Provide technical assistance to staff members with lower-level technical skills
• Express complex concepts orally, schematically, and in writing
• Work effectively and independently on assigned projects
• Work effectively and cooperatively with District personnel
• Learn and apply new concepts in information technology
• Learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Minimum 3 years of direct experience in the design, development, writing code and deployment of Apex applications. Responsibilities entail creation of complex APEX user interface screens, interactive reports, navigation schemes, and interfaces.
• Three or more years of experience with Java Script /Jquery/AJAX
• 3-5 years of Oracle Database development and experience in PL/SQL, functions, stored procedures, SQL loader, ETL development.
• Experience in an APEX Oracle-based environment with extensive experience in software development, programming and systems analysis and design for business or data warehousing applications using PL-SQL programming objects, Oracle database objects and JAVA or UNIX scripting and experience with one or more Oracle development tools such as Application Express, Discoverer, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Designer Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Portal, Oracle WebCenter, Oracle 10g or later, or Oracle forms and reports.
• Must have experience in coordinating the resolution of highly complex software development issues that arise in production environments
• Experience in the development of high level functional and technical design specifications into design
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or closely related field
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday July 17, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Programmer Analyst
At a minimum submitted resume must include detailed employment history with:
1) Name & Location of company or government agency
2) Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
3) Positions Held
4) List of Projects/Programs Managed including:
a) project value $$
b) location of assignment
c) roles and responsibilities
d) contribution to each project