Project Control Specialist III / Cost Analyst (Closed)
PROJECT CONTROLS SPECIALIST III / COST ANALYST (Reissued)
Client / Project: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) / Los Angeles City College
Number of positions: 1
Salary Range: $107.8K to $126.8K annual base salary, depending upon experience
- Monitor the overall integrity of the project budget and forecast in accordance with approved standard operating procedures.
- Participate in monthly EAC meetings with the Project Management Office (PMO) to validate and review current EAC’s, including providing justification of variances.
- Participate in change management meetings to identify trends and risk exposure.
- Participate in Risk Assessment workshops, providing input as needed to potential impacts.
- Conduct cost variance analysis of reported data to identify trends and mitigate potential budget impacts.
- Monitor identified trends and mitigation plans over time against actual performance.
- Review and analysis of budget and expenditures against projects based upon various funding sources.
- Collaborate with schedulers to review cost and schedule performance to determine cost overruns/ underruns, issues with project durations, or variances in spend analyzing plan versus expenditures over period of time.
- Review and analysis of monthly cost reports and monthly progress reports.
- Review staffing plans, identify any excessive peaks or potential cost impacts and make recommendations for peak leveling.
- Provide cost coding and budget verification for contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget/timetable.
- Review task order requests, change orders and amendments to ensure budget availability, accurate cost coding and reporting.
- Interact on a regular basis with various technical discipline leads to understand and communicate issues and conflicts that may impact the budget.
- Ensure implementation of BuildLACCD policies, procedures and plans regarding cost management of capital projects with multiple funding sources.
- Provide interface support and respond to all College and PMO requests for financial information.
- Develops reports that support campus specific budgeting, cost control, auditing, asset tracking, using various systems and data bases that may include, but not limited to; UII, Proliance, DELTEK Costpoint, and other systems used by the BuildLACCD Program Management Office
- Develop custom financial, budget and schedule reports as directed by the College Project Director (CPD).
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders. Identify information.
- requirements from users and utilize various reporting and data mining applications to support daily business operations and presentations.
- Allocate the ETCs when required (PBA, Change Orders, etc.).
- Monitor and manage the ETCs for each project.
- Create budget transfers, produces financial closeouts.
- Work with the Project Managers on project budget issues (verifying budgets for additional Task Orders needed for IOR, LOR, additional services, etc.).
- Assist the Project Managers with amendment exhibits to contracts.
- Run weekly budget reports for CPD review for potential budget cleanup.
- Coordinate with Project Managers/Construction Manager to establish and maintain data coding.
- structures, project controls tools, and quality data for budgets, contracts, change orders, trends and actual costs.
- Oversee the review, approval, and payment processes of monthly payment applications (contractor and consultant) by liaising with the appropriate internal and external parties.
- Verification of charge codes for purchase requisitions and change orders to ensure proper cost accounting.
- Assist with preparation of reporting on budget and cost as directed by management.
- Assist and monitor effective cost control and budget management practices.
- Assist with cost variance analysis.
- Monitor upcoming contracts for PBA Amendment consideration.
- Collect/review draft PBA’s w/ PM’s for monthly submission including cost verification of previous amendments.
- Support development of weekly/monthly cost and status reports for project team.
- Assist with gathering physical completion data.
- Perform necessary data entry for budget and forecast impacts.
- Provide risk management input and alignment to reporting.
- Develop and maintain change management logs per standardized processes and procedures.
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 – 10 years experience professional experience in program and/or project controls on a
- construction program.
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Experience working through the entire project life cycle.
- Knowledge of theories, principles and practices of cost/schedule management, earned value management, change management, forecasting, and risk assessment.
- Ability to present data to management in an organized manner.
- Exceptional communication skills required.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to perform in a business environment, maintaining professionalism in all communications and demeanor.
Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel Skills, Proliance, Data-Warehouse or other systems used by a large capital program, and any educational facility experience.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday August 18, 2021 @ 12:00 noon (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Controls Specialist III – City College
APPROXIMATE PROCESSING TIME:
Short list post: Week of August 23, 2021
Interviews: Week of August 23, 2021
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: September 2021
Recruitment No.: SAC-305 Reissued
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com