Project Coordinator I – Labor Compliance Analyst (Closed)
PROJECT COORDINATOR I – LABOR COMPLIANCE ANALYST I
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) – Program Management Office
Salary Range: $57.8K to $68.6K annual base salary, depending upon experience
Under supervision of appropriate LACCD staff, the Labor Compliance Analyst I monitors, audits, and enforces the LACCD Labor Compliance Program (LCP) in accordance with the LACCD and Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) accepted practices. Additionally, the analyst performs LCP field interviews and coordinates with contractors/subcontractors on all projects to ensure compliance with California Labor Code, California Code of Regulations, LACCD’s LCP, Federal Davis-Bacon Act (when applicable), and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Work with appropriate LACCD staff identifying applicability of state/federal prevailing wage requirements as well as providing state and federal prevailing wage rates for inclusion in contract solicitation documents.
- Prepare and present labor compliance requirements at pre-bid or pre-construction meetings for contracts subject to the payment of prevailing wages.
- Respond to prevailing wage questions/concerns/matters that may arise from contractors and construction workers.
- Facilitate the proper reporting of prevailing wages, fringe benefits, apprentice utilization, and resolution of employee wage violations.
- Collect and review weekly Certified Payroll Records (CPRs) and supporting payroll records (statements of compliance, fringe benefit statements, payroll deductions, apprentice registration, sign-in sheets, time cards, check stubs, cancelled checks, etc.) submitted by prime and subcontractors.
- Communicate with contractors to resolve discrepancies/inadequacies relative to CPR submittals.
- Conduct investigations on alleged contractor violations uncovered from CPRs reviews, site visits, worker complaints, etc.
- Audit contractor documents when applicable; determine the withhold amounts for unresolved issues.
- Notify affected contractor of audit, conduct pre meeting with contractor.
- Prepare the Withholding of Contract Payments; participate in settlement meetings/hearings, if necessary.
- Maintain complete and updated electronic and/or hardcopy contract files, as appropriate, containing all relevant labor compliance information.
- Respond to requests regarding payroll related/labor compliance documents.
- Track changes and updates to state and federal labor compliance and prevailing wage regulations and standards; with the assistance of the Labor Compliance Office (LCO) apply changes/updates to the labor compliance procedures and practices accordingly.
- Assist the LCO with the development of labor compliance policies, procedures, form templates and instructional/operations manuals.
- Conduct job site visits and interview workers. Investigate complaints and issues, and report activities.
- Ensure the wages and Labor Compliance postings are posted and visible.
- Attend meetings at the project site as needed, including pre bid meetings, pre-construction meetings and progress meetings.
- Maintain files of working documents, including project interview and resolution paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in public works construction or construction management programs.
- Must have a clear understanding of construction practices, prevailing wage requirements, state and federal labor laws, and the ability to interpret and apply the applicable labor law regulations in accordance with the DIR and the BuildLACCD Program’s standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess valid California driver’s license and able to travel.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word).
- Associate’s Degree from a recognized college or university.
- Experience in Labor Compliance and LCPT Tracker.
- Bi-lingual – Spanish speaking.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday September 7, 2020 @ 12:00 noon (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Coordinator I LCA
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of September 14, 2020
Interviews: Week of September 21, 2020
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: September – October 2020
Recruitment No.: SAC-266 Reissued
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com