Project Coordinator II CED (Closed)
PROJECT COORDINATOR II (Community Economic Development Coordinator)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), Program Management Office
Salary Range: $66.3K to $78.0K annual base salary, depending upon experience
The Community Economic Development (CED) Coordinator implements, coordinates, and markets the LACCD CED program to attract qualified, competitive contractors, A/E, and professional services firms to compete for BuildLACCD projects and contracts. Candidate must process knowledge of the public contracting process with proven capabilities to provide contractors and other small businesses with the tools and information necessary to navigate the public contracting process and eliminate barriers to open competition, and perform CED contract compliance procedures to monitor utilization using the web-based B2GNow contract compliance system.
- Assist and provide support for CED’s outreach efforts to promote BuildLACCD procurement policies and procedures to businesses, contractors, community groups, business and trade
- organizations, unions, education agencies, and the public.
- Provides administrative support for CED programs such as a Small Contractor Boot Camp to improve the competitive capacity of small contractors through a multi-week, comprehensive, hands-on curriculum to compete for LACCD contracts.
- Provides training to new contractors performing work on the BuildLACCD program on how to use the B2GNow contract compliance system and serves as the point-person for compliance inquiries.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with businesses and PMO personnel to coordinate and leverage resources in support of the CED Program.
- Performs detailed contract compliance review using the B2GNow system to monitor prompt payment and the utilization of Local, Small, Emerging, & Disabled Veteran (LSEDV) firms in all construction, design, construction management, and professional services contracts.
- Runs monthly LSEDV performance reports and creates utilization reports for the Board of Trustees, LACCD executive staff, and the PMO.
- Provides monthly Local Hire and Disadvantaged performance reports and creates utilizations reports for the Board of Trustees, LACCD executive staff and the PMO.
- Provides support for the Local Hire intake process, including but not limited to, scheduling interviews, reviewing and verifying documentation, etc.
- Coordinates with Contracts Department, Labor Compliance, and Finance Department to ensure proper implementation of the LSEDV Program.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree or related degree from a recognized college or university. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience creating and/or implementing programs to support the participation and building the capacity of diverse local, small, and/or disabled veteran business enterprises to succeed on major public works programs, including knowledge and experience in the following:
- Public contracting processes, e.g., Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, and low-bid/design-build/Job Order Contracting public works construction contracts.
- Effective use of business principles and strategies in construction and professional services contracting and procurement.
- The ethnic, cultural and geographic diversity of communities throughout the LACCD service area.
- Activities, policies, organization and protocols required of public entities and officials.
- Communicate effectively in a professional and sensitive manner with businesses and contractors.
- Write concisely and effectively to build awareness of the BuildLACCD Program’s CED Program.
- Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to District protocols at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to monthly deadlines.
- Understand barriers confronting LSEDV firms in construction, architecture/engineering, and related professional services, including bonding, access to capital, and professional insurance.
- Knowledgeable of technical assistance resources available for LSEDV firms.
- Documented experience using the B2GNow contract compliance online software application enabling the PMO to monitor prompt payment at all subcontractor tiers and the utilization of LSEDV-owned businesses.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Wednesday July 17, 2019 @ 12:00pm noon (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Coordinator II CED
APPROXIMATE PROCESSING TIME:
Short list post: Week of July 22, 2019
Interviews: Week of July 22, 2019
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: July- August 2019
Recruitment No.: SAC-237
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com