Project Coordinator II / Labor Compliance (Closed)
Project Coordinator II / Labor Compliance
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $69.7K annual depending on experience.
The Labor Compliance Analyst monitors, audits and enforces the LACCD Labor Compliance Program in accordance with the LACCD and DIR accepted practices. Additionally, the Analyst coordinates with contractors/subcontractors on all projects to ensure compliance with California Labor Code, California Code of Regulations, LACCD’s Labor Compliance Program, Federal Davis-Bacon Act (when applicable), and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Work with appropriate LACCD staff identifying applicability of state/federal prevailing wage requirements as well as providing state and federal prevailing wage rates for inclusion in contract solicitation documents.
• Prepare and present labor compliance requirements at pre-bid and pre-construction meetings for contracts subject to the payment of prevailing wages.
• Respond to prevailing wage questions/concerns/matters that may arise from contractors and construction workers.
• Review contractor labor policies for compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Facilitate the proper reporting of prevailing wages, fringe benefits, apprentice utilization, and resolution of employee wage violations.
• Collect and review weekly Certified Payroll Reports (CPRs) and supporting payroll records (statements of compliance, fringe benefit statements, payroll deductions, apprentice registration, etc.) submitted by prime and subcontractors on a monthly basis.
• Communicate with contractors to resolve discrepancies/inadequacies relative to CPR submittals.
• Conduct investigations on alleged contractor violations uncovered from CPR reviews, site visits, worker complaints, etc.
• Audit contractor documents when applicable; determine the forfeiture amounts for violations.
• Notify affected contractor of audit, conduct pre meeting with contractor.
• Prepare the Request for Forfeiture, Withholding of Contract Payments; participate in settlement meetings/hearings.
• Maintain complete and updated electronic and/or hardcopy contract files, as appropriate, containing all relevant labor compliance information.
• Respond to requests regarding certified payroll reports and/or other payroll related/labor compliance documents.
• Track changes and updates to state and federal labor compliance and prevailing wage regulations and standards; with the assistance of the LCO apply changes/updates to the labor compliance procedures and practices accordingly.
• Assist the Labor Compliance Officer with the development of labor compliance policies, procedures, form templates, and instructional/operations manuals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum five (5) years experience performing LCP Analyst duties on similar publicly funded projects/programs.
• Must have a clear understanding of construction practices, state and federal labor laws, and the ability to interpret and apply the applicable labor law regulations in accordance with the DIR and the Build LACCD Program’s standards.
• Must possess a Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree or related degree from a recognized college or university
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred coursework emphasis in law, business, marketing communications or public administration.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Coordinator II (Labor Compliance)