Project Coordinator III – LCA (Closed)
PROJECT COORDINATOR III – LABOR COMPLIANCE ANALYST
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) – Program Management Office
Salary Range: $85.7K to $100.8K annual base salary, depending upon experience
The Labor Compliance Analyst monitors, audits and enforces the LACCD Labor Compliance Program in accordance with the LACCD and DIR accepted practices. Additionally, the analyst performs LCP field interviews and coordinates with contractors/subcontractors on all projects to ensure compliance with California Labor Code, California Code of Regulations, LACCD’s Labor Compliance Program, Federal Davis-Bacon Act (when applicable), and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Work with appropriate LACCD staff identifying applicability of state/federal prevailing wage requirements, as well as providing state and federal prevailing wage rates for inclusion in contract solicitation documents.
- Prepare and present labor compliance requirements at pre-bid and pre-construction meetings for contracts subject to the payment of prevailing wages.
- Respond to prevailing wage questions/concerns/matters that may arise from contractors and construction workers.
- Review contractor labor policies for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Facilitate the proper reporting of prevailing wages, fringe benefits, apprentice utilization, and resolution of employee wage violations.
- Collect and review weekly Certified Payroll Reports (CPRs) and supporting payroll records (statements of compliance, fringe benefit statements, payroll deductions, apprentice registration, etc.) submitted by prime and subcontractors on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with contractors to resolve discrepancies/inadequacies relative to CPR submittals.
- Conduct investigations on alleged contractor violations uncovered from CPR reviews, site visits, worker complaints, etc.
- Audit contractor documents when applicable; assess amount to withhold.
- Notify affected contractor of audit, conduct pre meeting with contractor.
- Prepare packet for Notification of Suspected Public Labor Code Violations.
- Maintain complete and updated electronic and/or hardcopy contract files, as appropriate, containing all relevant labor compliance information.
- Respond to requests regarding certified payroll reports and/or other payroll related/labor compliance documents.
- Track changes and updates to state and federal labor compliance and prevailing wage regulations and standards; with the assistance of the LCO apply changes/updates to the labor compliance procedures and practices accordingly.
- Assist the Labor Compliance Officer with the development of labor compliance policies, procedures, form templates, and instructional/operations manuals.
- Responsible for all onsite activities for the LACCD LCP Department.
- Position requires candidate to travel to project sites throughout the District, conduct site visits and job walks, perform labor standards interviews with a random sampling of tradesman onsite, investigate complaints and issues, and report activities on a monthly basis.
- Act as the main point of interaction between the campus staff and the LCP team.
- Conduct observations and worker interview and assist the Labor Compliance Department with site investigations.
- Visit projects to ensure the wages and Labor Compliance postings are posted and visible.
- Attend meetings at the project site as needed, including pre bid meetings, pre-construction meetings and progress meetings.
- Maintain files of working documents, including project interview and resolution paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with PLA Administrator regarding compliance procedures to PLA violations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum four (4) years of experience performing Labor Compliance Analyst duties on similar publicly funded projects/programs.
- Must have a clear understanding of construction practices, state and federal labor laws, and the ability to interpret and apply the applicable labor law regulations in accordance with the DIR and the Build LACCD Program’s standards.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree or related degree from a recognized college or university. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred coursework emphasis in law, business, marketing communications or public administration.
- Previous experience with PLA’s.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Friday January 24, 2020 @ 1:00 p.m. (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Coordinator III LCA
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of January 27, 2020
Interviews: Week of February 3, 2020
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: February 2020
Recruitment No.: SAC-257
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com