Project Coordinator IV / SBO (Closed)
Project Coordinator IV / Small Business Outreach Coordinator
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $109.7K annual depending on experience.
The Small Business Outreach Coordinator implements, coordinates, and markets the LACCD LSEDV program to attract qualified, competitive contractors, A/E, and professional services firms to compete for Build Program projects and contracts. Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of the public contracting process with proven capabilities to provide contractors and other small businesses with the tools and information necessary to navigate the public contracting process and eliminate barriers to open competition.
• Provides information to LSEDV businesses, community groups, business and trade organizations, Unions, education agencies, and the public concerning the procurement policies and procedures applicable to the Build Program.
• Helps coordinate programs such as a Small Business Boot Camp to improve the competitive capacity of small contractors through a multi-week, comprehensive, hands-on curriculum to compete for Build Program contracts.
• Coordinates and/or manages seminars of up to 100 attendees at regional locations to provide contractor assistance in bonding and certification, how to bid on contracts, estimating and scheduling, access to capital, information about labor compliance and the Project Labor Agreement.
• Develops and cultivates relationships with businesses, and PMO personnel to coordinate and leverage resources in support of LSEDV businesses.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Must possess a minimum of 7 years experience creating and/or implementing programs to support the participation and building the capacity of diverse local, small, and/or disabled veteran business enterprises to succeed on major public works programs, including significant knowledge and experience in the following:
• Public contracting processes, e.g., Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, and low-bid/design-build/lease-lease back public works construction contracts.
• Effective use of business principles and strategies in construction and professional services contracting and procurement.
• The ethnic, cultural and geographic diversity of communities throughout the LACCD service boundaries.
• Barriers confronting LSEDV firms in construction, architecture/engineering, and related professional services.
• Available technical assistance resources for LSEDV firms.
• Activities, policies, organization and protocols required of public entities and officials.
• Communicate effectively in a professional and sensitive manner to the issues confronting LSEDV businesses.
• Write concisely and effectively to build awareness of the Build Program’s LSEDV Program.
• Anticipate emerging challenges to maximize business community participation and satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the leadership of the LSEDV business community, local stakeholders, business technical assistance support organizations, unions and other public agencies.
• Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to District protocols at all times.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Develop and execute strategies that will increase access and the competitive capacity of LSEDV firms in the Build Program.
• Must possess a Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree or related degree from a recognized college or university
Preferred coursework emphasis in business, communications, public administration, construction management, engineering, or other coursework supplemented by direct, documented experience in this field.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday August 21, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Coordinator IV (SB Outreach)