Project Engineer I (Closed)
PROJECT ENGINEER I
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District
Location: Los Angeles City College
Postiions: One (1)
Salary Range: $65.9K to $76.7K annual, depending upon experience
This position will provide support to the College Project Team (CPT) and will be located at the Los Angeles City College Campus.
• Provide technical and engineering support to the College Project Teams (CPT) including Project Managers and Construction Managers.
• Coordinates with Architect for timely and accurate responses to requests for information.
• Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of current contract plans and specifications.
• Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor.
• Coordinates with surveying, testing and inspection staff.
• Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) Requirements.
• Documents progress of construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects, logging photographs, daily project reports and notes as required.
• Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines.
• Logs and tracks status of project change order proposals, field orders, and approved change orders.
• Maintains project files and record drawings.
• Logs and reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications.
• Assists in coordinating and recording minutes of meetings with project stakeholders.
• Assists in review of submittal procedures, RFI’s and monthly invoices.
• Performs other project support duties as directed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction management of commercial and/or public or educational facility construction projects with values in excess of $15M
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business, Construction Management or related field required.
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design process
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday December 9, 2015 @ 12:00 noon
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Engineer I
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of December 14, 2015
Interviews: Week of December 14, 2015
Anticipated Start: December 2015