Project Engineer III – Trade Tech College (Closed)
PROJECT ENGINEER III
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), Los Angeles Trade Tech College
Salary Range: $107.8K to $126.8K annual base salary, depending upon experience
- Provides technical and engineering support to the College Project Teams (CPT) including Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Coordinates with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants and College staff
- Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings
- Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements
- Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings
- Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines
- Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team
- Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and construction field orders
- Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
- Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
- Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
- Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues
- Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc.
- Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc.)
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor
- Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
- Generates and drafts Proposed Board Actions (PBA)
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
- Prepare Scope of Work documents for solicitation of consultant and contractor services.
- Prepare project status reports.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-8 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Experience on Educational programs/projects.
- Experience on Division of State Architect (DSA) projects.
- Experience on Central plant projects.
- Experience on large public works programs.
- Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems
- Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Friday December 6, 2019 @ 1:00 p.m. (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Engineer II LATTC
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of December 9, 2019
Interviews: Week of December 16, 2019
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: December 2019 – January 2020
Recruitment No.: SAC-251
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com