Project Engineer III – Cost Management (Closed)
PROJECT ENGINEER III (Cost Management Office Engineer)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: $80.0K to $109.5K annual, depending upon experience
• Develops reports that support campus specific budgeting, cost control, auditing, asset tracking, using various systems and data bases to include, but not limited to Widget Cost Control, UII, Proliance, DELTEK, and other systems used by the BuildLACCD Program Management Office.
• Develop custom financial, budget and schedule reports as directed by the College Project Director (CPD).
• Develop standard and ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders. Identify information requirements from users and utilize various reporting and data mining applications to support daily business operations and presentations.
• Allocate the ETCs when required (PBA, Change Orders, etc.)
• Create budget transfers, produces financial closeouts
• Work with the Project Managers on project budget issues (verifying budgets for additional Task Orders needed for IOR, LOR, additional services, etc.)
• Work with Program Management Office for project budget information (uii), Dashboard producer, backup and assist account manager
• Assist the Project Managers with amendment exhibits to contracts
• Run weekly budget reports for CPD review for potential budget cleanup
• Involved with FEC producing reports for expenditures and budget analysis
• Manages, integrates, coordinates and reviews the work of Program Controls team to create, feed, reconcile, and maintain valuable program control databases and reports.
• Coordinate with Project Managers/Construction Manager to establish and maintain data coding structures, project control tools, and quality data for budgets, contracts, change orders, trends and actual costs.
• Oversee the review, approval, and payment processes of contractor and consultant monthly payment applications by liaising with the appropriate internal and external parties.
• Verification of charge codes for purchase requisitions and change orders to ensure proper cost accounting
• Assist with preparation of reporting on budget and cost as directed by management.
• Assist and monitor effective cost control and budget management practices.
• Assist with cost variance analysis
• Reviews incoming invoices including detailed reviews of the IOR and LOR invoices
• Monitor upcoming contracts for PBA Amendment consideration
• Collect/review draft PBA’s w/ PM’s for monthly submission including cost verification of previous amendments
• Support development of weekly/monthly cost and status reports for project team
• Assist with gathering physical completion data
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 10 years minimum recent professional experience in project controls on a construction program.
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Experience utilizing Widget Cost Control, UII, DELTEK, Proliance, Data-Warehouse and other systems used by the LACCD Program Management Office or similar program.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Thursday October 30, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Engineer III