Project Engineer III (Closed)
Project Engineer III (Cost Management Office Engineer)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Location: Pierce College, Woodland Hills
Salary: $89.0K to $119.6K annual, depending upon experience
• Develops reports that support campus specific budgeting, cost control, auditing, asset tracking, using various systems and data bases to include, but not limited to Widget Cost Control, UII, Proliance, DELTEK, and other systems used by the BuildLACCD Program Management Office.
• Develop custom financial, budget and schedule reports as directed by the College Project Director (CPD).
• Develop standard and ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders. Identify information requirements from users and utilize various reporting and data mining applications to support daily business operations and presentations.
• Allocate the AAC/ETCs when required (PBA, Change Orders, etc.).
• Create budget transfers, produces financial closeouts.
• Work with the Project Managers on project budget issues (verifying available budgets for additional Task Orders needed for IOR, LOR, additional services, etc.).
• Work with Program Management Office for project budget information (uii), Dashboard producer, backup and assist account manager.
• Assist the Project Managers with amendment exhibits to contracts.
• Run weekly budget reports for CPD review for potential budget cleanup.
• Involved with FEC producing reports for expenditures and budget analysis.
• Manages, integrates, coordinates and reviews the work of Program Controls team to create, input, reconcile, and maintain valuable program control databases and reports.
• Coordinate with Project Managers/Construction Manager to establish and maintain data coding structures, project control tools, and quality data for budgets, contracts, change orders, trends and actual costs.
• Coordinate closely with staff processing payment applications and provide final review and sign-off.
• Verification of charge codes for purchase requisitions and change orders to ensure proper cost accounting.
• Assist with preparation of reporting on budget and cost as directed by management.
• Assist and monitor effective cost control and budget management practices.
• Assist with cost variance analysis.
• Review Proposed Board Actions (PBA) and provide financial information regarding the request
• Support development of weekly/monthly cost and status reports for project team
• Develop and update cash flow projections.
• Review encumbrance request for budget compliance.
• Insure planned expenditures are compliant with bond measures.
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 10 years minimum recent professional experience in project controls on a construction program.
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience utilizing Widget Cost Control, UII, DELTEK, Proliance, Data-Warehouse and other systems used by the LACCD Program Management Office or similar program.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday March 18, 2015 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: email@example.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Engineer III