Project Manager II – LA City College (Closed)
PROJECT MANAGER II
Client / Project: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) / Los Angeles City College (LACC)
Number of positions: 1
Salary Range: $144.0K to $169.5K annual base salary, depending upon experience
- Working on-site, from the campus required. Available to be on the premises interacting with the Campus Director as well as the Campus President and Vice President.
- Lead a construction team in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
- Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures.
- Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System.
- Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters.
- Review and develop contract documents.
- Plan, Organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
- Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully.
- Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $5M to $80M each.
- Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget.
- Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation.
- Review all deliverables from designers in the different design phases. While in construction, the Project Manager will review the construction change documents (CCD’s) prior to submittal to DSA.
- Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout.
- Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules.
- Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements.
- Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements.
- Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects.
- Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large
capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
- 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction.
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar.
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Experience in alternative delivery method.
- Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance.
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
- Experience in Formal Construction Partnering.
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Friday May 28, 2021 @ 10:00am (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD PM II – LACC Reissued
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of June 1, 2021
Interviews: Week of June 7, 2021
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: June 2021
Recruitment No.: SAC-293 Reissued Rev.1
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com