Project Manager I / Labor Compliance (Closed)
Project Manager I (Labor Compliance)
Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Salary: up to $130.0K annual depending on experience.
The Labor Compliance Officer (LCO) provides senior level management, oversight and assistance to the LACCD Labor Compliance Department overseeing the daily operations of the Department. The LCO will act as the main interface of the program ensuring good relations with the state agencies, unions, construction associations and stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance of organizational policies and procedures including developing and/or revising policies and procedures, implementing standard operating procedures, and creating training manuals.
• Coordinate the planning and execution of the day-to-day operations of the Department.
• Create and maintain healthy relationships with stakeholders, contractors, and building /construction trade organizations.
• Provide solid operational insight to the LCP Department for driving projects and executing deliverables.
• Review project audits and submissions and review notices sent to contractors on behalf of the Labor Compliance Program.
• Assist the LCP Attorney in conducting hearings and discovery meetings with contractors in violation. Review cases and assess forfeitures and penalties.
• Attend hearings and legal proceedings as the LCP Department representative.
• Maintain working relationship with the Department of Industrial Relations, including the review of all decisions and determinations issued by the DIR.
• Review and keep current with all upcoming and new legislation and analyze their effect on the LACCD LCP program and projects.
• Conduct labor compliance training classes/seminars for stakeholders, program employees, contractors and the building/construction trades associations.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum of seven (7) years experience managing large Public Works Labor Compliance Programs. Must have extensive experience with large program public works prevailing wage enforcement, analysis, auditing, supervisory and administrative skills.
• Must exhibit knowledge of employment practices in the construction industry and demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the California Labor Code and Code of Regulations and Labor Compliance Programs.
• Must possess a Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree from a recognized college or university in business or related degree.
• Preferred coursework in business, law, public administration, communication or education
• An MBA from a recognized college or university is preferred.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Wednesday October 8, 2014 @ 4:00pm
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Manager I (Labor Compliance)