Project Manager I – Sustainability Program Coordinator (Closed)
PROJECT MANAGER I – SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), Program Management Office
Salary Range: $130.8K to $153.9K annual base salary, depending upon experience
Through the BuildLACCD bond program, the Sustainability Coordinator will coordinate and promote effective sustainability initiatives to reduce the District’s impact on the environment. Responsibilities include: educating the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD or “District”) community about sustainability practices and policy and coordinating programming, activities with annual reporting.
The position will report to the Design and Sustainability Manager. Generally, responsibilities of this position will be to provide mid-level administrative support to the BuildLACCD Design Services team.
• Works with the District community, including nine colleges, students, faculty, and staff to promote an understanding and awareness of sustainability issues by coordinating informational training and
• presentations and promoting energy and water conservation, waste minimization, recycling, sustainable building and landscape design, alternative transportation, etc.
• Recommends sustainability goals for the BuildLACCD by preparing a sustainability plan that tracks performance metrics to assess program effectiveness.
• Supports Design Services and other BuildLACCD departments, as appropriate, related to implementing energy conservation and sustainability programs.
• Coordinates and compiles data for the ongoing Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS) program and other related programs.
• Creates sustainability related materials by writing, editing, and designing content for BuildLACCD web site and overall program.
• Improves the effectiveness of the District’s sustainability practices by monitoring best practices.
• Attends BuildLACCD meetings representing sustainability related programs and initiatives.
• Supports the BuildLACCD sustainability efforts by performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Bachelor’s degree in an environmentally related discipline, such as physical, biological, health sciences, engineering, public policy, sustainability or a related field is preferred.
• Two years of experience developing, maintaining, and/or managing sustainability-based initiatives, processes, or programs involving the collection, analysis, and reporting of program data is required. Experience working with sustainability or environmental programs in higher education is preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of in sustainability policy, issues, and concepts.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations and papers in both formal and informal settings.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work with various and diverse constituencies to develop working relationships.
• Working knowledge of program development, event planning, and project implementation.
• Strong decision making, judgment, discretion, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to maintain and report progress on multiple projects and tasks and adjust to short and changing deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
• Ability to follow all BuildLACCD policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently is required.
• Attention to detail and strong initiative is required.
• The ability to work collaboratively with community groups, students, faculty and staff is required.
• The ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint presentations, and reports is required.
• The ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Monday March 11, 2019 @ 3:00 pm (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Sustainability Program Coordinator
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of March 18, 2019
Interviews: Week of March 25, 2019
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: March / April 2019
Recruitment No.: SAC-219
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “APPLY FOR JOB” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org