Project Manager II (Closed)
Project Manager II (CED Program Manager)
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) – Program Management Office
Number of positions: 1
Salary Range: $139.6K to $164.3K annual, depending upon experience
The Community Economic Development (CED) Program Manager manages the implementation of the LACCD Community Economic Development Program to achieve the goals established in the Board of Trustees Board Rule 7103.17. The CED Program includes the Local Small Emerging Disabled Veteran (LSEDV) Program, Local Worker Hiring Program, and the College Internship Program.
• Manages the implementation of the Local Worker Hiring Program to achieve the 35% local worker hiring goal; and ensures district-wide access to pre-apprenticeship construction training and union apprenticeship programs for local residents in partnership with contractors, unions, college campuses, and community based organizations.
• Manages the implementation of the Local, Small Emerging and Disabled Veteran (LSEDV) Program to achieve the 30% participation goal; and ensures district-wide outreach and access for diverse, LSEDV business participation.
• Manages the implementation of the College Internship Program to provide LACCD college students with access to internship opportunities that support their academic and career goals in the architecture, construction and engineering disciplines or in the science technology engineering and mathematics (STEM) professions.
• Manages the daily activities of the CED Program staff.
• Develops and maintains partnerships with district-wide business and trade organizations, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, local agencies, community leaders, and trade unions to maximize LSEDV business and local worker participation.
• Monitors and reports monthly performance in achieving the LSEDV 30% participation goal to the PMO or designee, and works collaboratively with the Contracts Department to ensure coordination and to at a minimum achieve the goal.
• Monitors and reports contractor performance in achieving the 35% Local Worker Hiring participation goal to the PMO or designee, and works collaboratively with the Labor Compliance Department and Project Labor Agreement Administrator to ensure coordination and to at a minimum achieve the goal.
• Ensures implementation of the B2GNow system, including training for businesses, and helps develop customized reports to monitor LSEDV goal compliance.
• Composes, edits, and coordinates the preparation of briefing and summary documents and reports as required by the PMO.
• Provides counsel regarding business, administrative, or management aspects of the LSEDV, Local Worker Hiring and College Internship programs. In addition, provides analysis and feedback on potential impacts of proposed policies on small business, local worker, and contractor participation.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Minimum 15 years experience developing and implementing economic development programs that support the market needs of multi-billion capital improvement programs, including labor and industry participation under a project labor agreement.
• Strong familiarity creating or implementing local worker hiring programs, STEM-related internship programs, and the California public contracting process and barriers to LSEDV business participation.
• Must possess notable experience working with craft unions and apprenticeship programs; employment support service organizations/programs; firms representing all disciplines that support design and construction
• Specific knowledge of local, state and/or federal guidelines pertaining to small, minority, women, and disadvantaged business enterprise programs.
• Must have previous experience developing and enforcing contract compliance provisions related to local worker hiring programs and/or LSEDV business programs, including contractor performance evaluation, monitoring and reporting, and development or use of web-based contract and labor compliance systems.
• Communicate effectively in a professional and sensitive manner to the issues confronting LSEDV businesses, local workers, and LACCD college students.
• Write concisely and effectively to build awareness of the LACCD CED Program.
• Anticipate emerging challenges to maximize business and/or community satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the leadership of the business community, local stakeholders, non-profit business support organizations, unions, contractors, and other public agencies.
• Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to LACCD policies and protocols at all times.
• Develop and execute strategies that will increase local worker access and the competitive capacity of LSEDV firms and local workers in the Build Program.
• Must possess a Master of Arts/Science Degree from a recognized college or university.
• Preferred coursework emphasis in business, communications, public administration, construction management, engineering, or other coursework supplemented by direct, documented experience in this field.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume: Tuesday September 5, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m. (late submissions not accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager II
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: September 8, 2017
Interviews: Week of September 11, 2017
Anticipated Start: September 2017
Recruitment No.: SAC-142
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com