Project Manager II (Closed)
PROJECT MANAGER II
Client / Program: Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), Los Angeles Southwest College
Salary Range: $139.6K to $164.3K annual base salary, depending upon experience
• Lead a construction team in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
• Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures
• Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
• Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
• Review and develop contract documents
• Plan, Organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
• Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
• Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
• Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
• Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $5M to $30M each.
• Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget
• Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation
• Successfully closeout projects to include D5A closeout and PMO/District closeout
• Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
• Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
• Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
• Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
• Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
• BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
• 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred
• Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
• Experience in alternative delivery method
• Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance
• Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
• Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
• Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
• A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Deadline to submit resume:
Tuesday March 12, 2019 @ 3:00 pm (late submissions cannot be accepted)
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements: hr@paragon‐em.com
Subject line: LACCD Project Manager II
Approximate Processing Time:
Short list post: Week of March 18, 2019
Interviews: Week of March 25, 2019
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start: March 2019
Recruitment No.: SAC-217
See instructions above to submit resume. Do not use the “APPLY FOR JOB” tab shown below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org